Thread: united airpines

Default united airpines

Does anyone know what's going on with United Airlines. We have our reservations from Bradley International in Oct. and go directly to Newark airport and on to Bonaire. On trying to make our March reservations we go through Houston and then on to Bonaire but on the return go to Houston again and then back to Newark and it takes any where from 22-30 hours returning us actually the next day. Totally ridiculous. We will keep watching for other flights. We have not done great in using Delta but that is also an option. Any suggestions?

The schedule shows Newark flights on both Saturday and Sunday in March.
    Try http://flightmapper.net to get flight numbers maybe that will help in your search.

United Airlines is becoming famous for changing a booked flight with NO notice to the traveler.
    You need to check your reservation on an almost daily basis.
    They have done this to me more than once.

Annapolis, Maryland and Santa Barbara, Bonaire

Ditto Grunt....I would rather walk to Bonaire than fly United!!

The United/Continental merge certainly hasn't helped most of the Bonaire travelers! We come from Detroit & try to stay as far away as possible from Newark because we're traveling in the winter, Dec & Jan. We figure once we make it out of Detroit, we're home free to Bonaire because the Houston weather is not an issue. Been stranded in Newark twice since the merger, once they couldn't get the cargo door open because it was frozen and the next time was a 7 hour delay in Bonaire waiting for the plane to arrive because of......WEATHER! I always check the Delta flights & they're usually more than the United ones, but this year the price was really close & Delta was actually a little less. Next year we are certainly going to check Delta out, would rather fly through Atlanta anyday as opposed to Newark.....too many things to go wrong in the winter.

For 9 years we have flown almost exclusively United out of, or through Newark. This coming Sept trip, there was nothing available, and we have been routed through Chicago, and Huston. What an effing PITA!

I hate flying through Huston because it takes forever to clear Immigration and Customs. No choice this time. grrrrr

You may want to check this link.
    A pain to get but worthwhile.

http://www.fasttrackpassportcontrol....FVIbgQod-ukLfg

Global Entry is the way to travel
    http://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-tr...s/global-entry

I have the Global Entry but the gf does not. She was denied.

That means I could probably clear Huston, IF I was to leave her behind to fend for herself. As insensitive a clod as I can be, even I know that doing this probably would return to bite me in the butt.