Thread: Which Dive Boots for You?

Default Which Dive Boots for You?

Greetings Fellow Bonaire Divers!

I'm a loyal Tusa Imprex dive bootie wearer and while getting my gear set up for my next trip to Bonaire remembered that after many years of good use, my Tusas died at the end of the last trip. I went to order a new pair and (oh the horror!) they are out of stock every where. There is no known ETA for new stock.

So....if you wear low cut boots while on Bonaire, what do you use? Fin pocket is not an issue, I use an older pair of Apollo Bio Split Fins - everything fits in them. Any suggestions are welcome! (Any warnings against certain ones are definitely welcome as well.)

Cheers! cheers

I really like the new scuba pro hard soled dive boots. My shop had to order them, but they work great! Had to upgrade my fins though to fit them, but otherwise love em!

Caribe Inn has a good stock of low cut boots in different brands.
    You could try on a few to find which suits you best.

I use a pair of Bare hard soled zip up boots. http://www.amazon.com/Bare-Unisex-Ha.../dp/B00J62N3ZC Pretty well those.

The missus uses a pair of Chuck Taylor look alikes from Mec: http://www.mec.ca/product/5028-584/m...q=water%2Bshoe

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

We use the Deep See "Caribbean" low cut hard soled boots (I think these are now branded AquaLung ... Deep See is an AquaLung brand) ... these have very durable soles for Bonaire shore diving and are reasonably priced. Anything similar would be suitable for Bonaire.
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32

Dive Friends carries the Tusa brand boots. Both my husband and I
    bought them and they are great. We got ours at the Port Bonaire site.
    They are not the low cut but they do have a nice hard sole and fit in our fins.

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

The Tusa boots have a nice rib across the heel to help keep your fin strap in place ... they also come in a low version with the hard sole. VIP Diving has both the high and low versions.
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32

I wear a pair from BARE, they are low cut, good hard sole and easy to slip on. Model is 3mm HD TROPIC boot. Iv'e had them for a while and still using them. Pretty resilient as well.

Thanks everyone! I went with the BARE HD Tropic. I appreciate all of the suggestions here and in the messages.