Thread: Den Laman Condos

Default Den Laman Condos

I'm considering staying at Den Laman during my next visit to Bonaire. Would anyone care to comment on this place? Is the walk to town central as pleasant and easy as it is when walking from the Plaza Resort to town central? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by rabbsprairie View Post
    I'm considering staying at Den Laman during my next visit to Bonaire. Would anyone care to comment on this place? Is the walk to town central as pleasant and easy as it is when walking from the Plaza Resort to town central? Thank you!
    Short answer is no. It is a bit of a hike from Den Laman to town. More than I would want to walk And you'll have to walk along the main road. You could check it out on Google maps.

I loved staying at Den Laman before we bought a house on the island. The condos are modern and clean with full kitchens. The view from the oceanfront units is fantastic. The diving and snorkeling couldn't be more convenient.

Walking to town on a regular basis isn't really feasible. It's a long walk. There are some restaurants within walking distance - Sonia Home, Rum Runners, Plazita Limena (on site and very good), blenny's and Ingredients, Spice Beach, Between Two Buns, Bistro de Paris and Pasa BON Pizza (a little far but do-able).

Den Laman is a fantastic place to stay. It's in good shape and modern, if you dive with BDA you can use the dock. Enough of a sandy patch to get in the water without the dock. Decent snorkeling right there.

For all the people who say it's too far to walk - I'd have to disagree. I guess it depends on what you're used to? What your physical fitness and age is like, but for us it's really nothing at all. A pleasant 10 minute walk to the north end of things. NBD. 0.5 km to the very north end of things. about 1.5km-2km to really be in the heart of things.

I guess when we go on vacation we typically walk all over anyways, so this walk is just part of the fun!

Default Den Laman is a wonderful place to stay

We have stayed at Den Laman multiple times in the past few years. Bari reef is a wonderful reef to dive. The dock and ladder allow easy sand free access.

There are multiple walkable restaurants. We did a combination of walking to many of them or driving into town during our week stay.

I agree with others it is not an easy stroll to town. It is do-able but we prefer to drive to the restaurants in town at night, because it is a LONG walk. It is well over a mile to get to the beginning of town. Reeftraveler listed the walkable dining suggestions that I would have suggested. We enjoyed Spice Beach Ingredients and Between to buns(for lunch) on this last trip.

I would also include Chez Madeliene (at the yatch club apartments) as a walkable option and as an excellent high-end dining experience. I recommend making reservations as there are a limited number of tables. The service and food were superb! Lover's ice-cream (next door to Between two buns) is also worth a mention for a sweet treat. FYI: There is also a drug store across the street.

We have been very happy with our experiences at the Den Laman Condos. I hope you will enjoy your stay as well.

Many thanks to everyone who responded to my question about Den Laman Condos and walking to town.

We have stayed there numerous times. When we did, we used BDA as our dive shop due to its proximity to the condo. The condos are nice enough, however, the furniture is not very comfortable. There are no laundry facilities in the units, however, there is maid service every day. The cost of Den Laman is a bit higher than other condos closer to town. We have found we prefer other places now and probably won't be back to Den Laman in the future.

Just as an update to this thread. All the units at Den Laman Condo's were re-fitted with new and comfortable furniture in April 2014. Plus most units had new mattresses. There are laundry facilities for guests to use on the premises - tokens are available at Front Desk.

We stayed at Den Laman 3 years ago. It is good to hear that there is new furniture. They are beautiful, modern condos. We loved staying there with one exception - there are no screens on the sliders or windows. I know that a lot of people don't care about that and just use the AC, but we are partial to the fresh air and love having the doors and windows open (while we are in the condo, of course). However, we don't like mosquitos, so we now look for places with screen on the windows. If Den Laman installed screens, we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. The house reef, Bari Reef, is my favorite snorkeling spot and when you stay at Den Laman you can use the steps off the dock to get in the water. So convenient. It is also a great spot to watch sunset!

We have been staying at Sand Dollar which is right next door to Den Lamen. The walk to town was easier than we thought. There are sidewalks or wide shoulders all the way. Just past the marina is the turn to get to the shore where there is a wide brick sidewalk. We don't do that walk at night to restaurants but we do walk to all the nearby restaurants.