Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance

I have a place on Bonaire & have homeowners insurance & even a rider for the contents of my storage unit. I was told by the insurance company that there was no plan available to cover the items belonging to the people who rent my place.

Thanks Trish! Much appreciated.

Hi Tribs,
    Berit and I are homeowners here and are residents and insured by MCB. The rate for our coverage was determined by the area we live in and the value of our home and possessions, but as far as burglary and especially loss of dive gear, our policy limits us to a $3000 benefit. The whole bars on the windows and security cameras or not etc. was part of the premium determination, but I was still disappointed in the limits as to loss by burglary. I'm pretty sure our house is not going to burn down, but we've been robbed three times in six years.
    Michael

Hi Michael! Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry to hear about the three robberies. I met you and Berit a few years ago (we dove at Karpata together). You are such nice people. Things like that should not happen to you.