Thread: Christmas dinner

ceh is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Default Christmas dinner

Looking for someplace open on Christmas for a special Christmas dinner. Any info appreciated.

wwguy is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

In general most local businesses, including restaurants, are closed on Christmas day. Your best bet will probably be at one of the resorts like Buddy Dive or Habitat etc. Reservations are recommended due to fewer restaurants being open.

Not sure what you mean by "special" dinner, but in past years Buddy Dive served dinner by the sea and presented Christmas dinner guests with commemorative Christmas tree ornaments. We collected them for a few years, until we realized we never put up a tree at home anymore because we were always on Bonaire at Christmas. We've since given up looking for for special dinner on Christmas and New Years days on Bonaire. We find it more special to enjoy a home cooked meal with special friends by the seaside.

Here are the Buddy Dive ornaments from 2009. Subsequent years were similar design, with varying colors. I don't know if they still do this.

IMG_1112.jpg

mervynt is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

We have made a reservation at Sebastian's for Christmas dinner. I saw they had a Thanksgiving dinner so I contacted them about Christmas and they are open.

Thanks! Those ornaments are great! As far as "special" goes, I just meant having dinner on Bonaire for Christmas is special to us and I know some places are closed. I did email my favorite place, Bistro de Paris and they are closed. We cook most of our meals while here and don't have people to share dinner with so we hope to find someplace to eat out. It will be wonderful no matter where we end up!!

Quote Originally Posted by wwguy View Post
    In general most local businesses, including restaurants, are closed on Christmas day. Your best bet will probably be at one of the resorts like Buddy Dive or Habitat etc. Reservations are recommended due to fewer restaurants being open.

Not sure what you mean by "special" dinner, but in past years Buddy Dive served dinner by the sea and presented Christmas dinner guests with commemorative Christmas tree ornaments. We collected them for a few years, until we realized we never put up a tree at home anymore because we were always on Bonaire at Christmas. We've since given up looking for for special dinner on Christmas and New Years days on Bonaire. We find it more special to enjoy a home cooked meal with special friends by the seaside.

Here are the Buddy Dive ornaments from 2009. Subsequent years were similar design, with varying colors. I don't know if they still do this.

IMG_1112.jpg

We haven't been there but will look into it, thanks!

Wil's is open on Christmas, and they are planning a special menu.