Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone stayed at Sea Side Suites?

Things have changed for the better, the person who has been communicating with us from Seaside, guided me thru canceling Expedia and we will pay her directly. Looks like we will have a different room next door, same company different building. Will have the details later on. See my screenshot below.

I know from experience when went to Belize, that the higher up you are, the fewer mosquitoes and biting insects. Actually the same here in our summer season on Cape Cod, they never zap us on our deck, but if we sit in the evening in the lawn chairs without much wind, watch out.

Grandma, me, might not snorkel every day, so being up high and hanging out will be nice if I feel like a break.
    We arent bringing anything much valuable, just our iPhones and a couple little Coolpix cameras. So we arent too worried, passports and credit cards will go into the safe. Little cash for the groceries too, into the safe.

I see that car petty theft is there now, so we wont leave anything on the beach except our towels and our drinking water bottles. Didnt rent a truck, so could leave our eyeglasses, hats and sandals in the trunk of the car while we snorkel.
    Advised to wear the booties so when we walk around we wont have bare feet problems, and they fit into our ankle strap fins OK.

I do want to say, that I am Extremely Pleased with the help from the Seaside person! She led me thru this Expedia situation, solving it quickly for us.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you are now staying in the Suites, it is a definite upgrade. Glad to hear things worked out for you. I always have found Jeanette and Petra at Seaside to be very helpful.

Yes indeed!
    Jeanette is wonderful!
    I was quite upset at the Expedia thing, and she sorted it all out for us.
    Really looking forward to this trip.
    Our other daughter was just here and we are already planning another Bonaire trip next year, and hopefully can bring our grandkids too, they are all great swimmers and snorkelers.
    And our local diving club, is interested also. I just met the new president yesterday, and he wants to hear about our trip and pictures too.

I"m so glad to hear that you got everything resolved. I started this thread to get feedback on Seaside Suites since that's where we're staying this summer. If you don't mind sharing, I would love to know what you think of it following your stay.

When you spoke to Jeanette did she happen to mention whether you would have access to the parking garage?

Thanks,

Julie

Actually she didnt mention a parking garage. We are renting a car, not a truck.
    Is this your first trip to Bonaire?
    This is our third. I am trying to find my pictures(pre digital) that we took on our first trips with our old ancient Nikonos u/w camera, and the little disposable Kodaks. (Most are 35mm slides, which I need to digitize.)
    (I have tons of videos, but they are all on DVDs.)
    First time we stayed at Capt. Don's Habitat, for the first week and had 2 of our teenagers with us, then moved to an apartment right under the old rusty wind turbine, for the second week, as they had to fly home for school.
    There was a sailboat named "Oscarina" owned by a Canadian couple, and they took us over to Klein Bonaire a couple of times. That was amazing.

Klein Bonaire was the most beautiful coral Ive ever seen!
    Second time we stayed at the Baranka apartments for several weeks, which I cannot find any more.
    This was shortly after the surge had destroyed a lot of the coral on KB.
    Our youngest daughter and husband have been several times, and stayed in the Plaza and other places.

I will write up a picture travellog when we get home. And will send you the link along with my email.
    I wish we could stay longer than just one week, but our daughter has to be back to work.

We have snorkeled all over the Caribbean and Central America, and Bonaire is our favourite.

More info later if I can find those pictures. Ive found just a few which Ive scanned the slides. Looking at the google bonaire photo albums now. Mine are lame compared with new pix on the web. But they bring back some lovely memories.
    I took this picture with a Kodak disposable camera, its an old one.

This is our 2nd trip to Bonaire. We went last year and, like so many others, fell in love with the place. Since we have a high schooler, our travel times are somewhat limited.

When we stayed at the villas this past summer we walked by the building with the suites several times a day getting to and from the dive shop. Our family agreed that it would be perfect to stay directly next door to Yellow Sub. Our view from the ground floor villa was great which means that a higher, unobstructed vantage point may discourage us from wanting to leave the balcony!

Thanks so much for your offer of a trip report and the pictures you've already posted. What are the dates of your trip?

Julie

We have 3 grandkids, 2 in 8th grade and one 10th grade, and its so difficult to take them out of school. We used to take our kids out, but I was pretty capable of homeschooling them for a week or 2.
    But now, Granny is way behind on the stuff they are teaching nowadays.

But next year, we just might do it with as many of our kids and grandkids that we can corral.
    My husband takes one of our kids and one grandkid rafting the Grand Canyon every July.

The balcony will be perfect for me!
    This is a picture of the balcony where we stay in Anguilla, but the snorkeling there cannot even come close to Bonaire. Bonaire has the best snorkeling(and diving) of any place we have ever been.

Forgot to say, first week in Feb.