Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: WWGuy's Trip Report: May 31 - June 14

Good Morning. I loved the blue color of the frog fish. Did anyone still see the lavender frog fish at something special again?

wwguy is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Gerber View Post
    WW Guy, I am sorry to do this to your post but I was just trying some things out and it posted. I will not do anymore. Sorry about that.
    No worries. I'm glad you've got it figured out. As I mentioned previously, the Test Area sub-forum is a great place to practice uploading photos. That's what it's there for.

Moderators, can you please delete the sub-discussion posts between Kent and I about uploading photos? It seems off-topic in perspective to the theme of a specific trip report. If appropriate, feel free to relocate my post with detailed photo upload instructions to one of the Test Area stickies.

Done
    Last edited by ModRoy; 06-13-2014 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Mods at your service

wwguy is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Bob T View Post
    Good Morning. I loved the blue color of the frog fish. Did anyone still see the lavender frog fish at something special again?
    And if you did see it, please don't post the specific location. If you don't understand why I'm discouraging sharing the location, please read my previous post and this previous thread.

Thanks for understanding. The rare little critters appreciate it too.

Point taken wwguy. Sorry to be so naive. I never thought about it that way.... Now I know.
    Last edited by jendiver; 06-13-2014 at 12:36 PM.

Default Lavender Froggy

This video clearly shows why we shouldn't share the exact location of the good stuff. I took this video on Thursday. We had seen the Froggy on a previous dive but there were 4 divers with huge camera rigs circling around it so we moved on knowing we could come back later in the day because we are staying in a private house that sits right on SS. So the next day we dove SS, found the froggy and got some great pictures of it. We continued down the reef until we hit 1500lbs then turned around. On the way back we saw this!!!!!!

http://youtu.be/tsdcBaUlOAQ

Absolute chaos right on top of the froggy!!!! Check out the woman in the bottom of the video, she is actually sitting on the reef!! Then at the top of the video we have a diver that is so under-weighted he/she spends the whole dive upside down. What the hell is going on!! I have never seen such a band of undersea clowns in all my days.

This is the dive boat that was tied up on the mooring when we surfaced.
    Bonaire 12Jun14 079.jpg

Wow - poor froggy! Must have been traumatized!

Bonaire 12Jun14 006.jpg

Yes, traumatized indeed. I went to speak with her later in the day. Needless to say she gave me an earful!!

Great report and vids Roger! Thanks for sharing. Were there for 2 weeks in March. Just booked another measly week in Oct. A week is way too short, but I'm not complaining. It'll be our 8th trip in 8 years. We needed a 2nd annual trip this year to make up for the 1 year we skipped early on so now we can say "8 times in 8 years" - my bad, never again! ).

Bringing brother and sister-in laws there with us who we are getting into diving. Hopefully October is a good time to go for the newbies (it'd be paradise to us anytime). It's also Regatta week. We can't wait. Should hold us over til March..I think.

Dannori - WOW! How awful and upsetting. I hate when I see that