Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where do expats meet in Bonaire?

Flower Mound Tx. ( 2 miles from DFW airport)

Don't want to get in the middle . But the 20 th of Nov. is good for us. I will check with the others and see if they will attend.

As as for as rhe alcohol problem, I have no cure. I was surprised to see the normal AA meeting has not been noted in the reporter . Michael , is there still a meeting in town ? And by the way I went to visit Larry in the hospital and he is recovering from a near death sickness. No one expected him to make it but he did.

Gmichael is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

No middle to get into mike...AA, Alanon and NA have ceased. No one to run the meetings. Am trying to at least have a place for Visitors to attend a meeting. As for JPH, whoever he is, am not publically addressing him. If he would like to meet me vis a vis at any venue when he is here, I will be happy to debate him but face to face only. In any event, Larry is the energizer bunny and tell him I am catching up with him! He must be in his 80s..Call me when you are here 717 4781 or 777 4781.

I will . We will be there for a little over 2 months this trip.

debate you on what? the fact that people were looking for a place to meet to have a cold drink with friends. This was your chance to suggest any of over 100 small local businesses and maybe generate some income for them, you chose not to. End of debate.

tursiops is online now Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by JPH View Post
    As for the pizza? I'm from New York, I know pizza.
    You have just lost any possible credibility.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Mike -

I am pretty sure the AA meetings on Bonaire stopped a while ago due to low attendance, The last time I had some contact with the group was three or four years ago, most meetings only had four or five people and usually the same people. The meetings were usually held at one of the members homes, but he passed away one or two years ago. I think the meetings kind of petered out after that, and I think that's why you there aren't notices in the Reporter any more. I'll ask George from the Reporter about the notices and let you know if I find out anything else.
    Bob Bartikoski
    Owner RE/MAX Paradise Homes
    www.bonairehomes.com

Quote Originally Posted by tursiops View Post
    You have just lost any possible credibility.
    ok, enjoy your Domino's and Papa John's in Virginia. The worst pizza in New York is better than anything you have in Virginia, unless of course some NY'ers opened a pizza joint in your town.

Thank god I don't like pizza. But the ribs at Divers Diner or some of the best on the island . So with that being said I will be there Nov. 20 th.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTruesdell View Post
    Thank god I don't like pizza. But the ribs at Divers Diner or some of the best on the island . So with that being said I will be there Nov. 20 th.
    good to know about the ribs. I have only eaten there once, and that was a pizza...but now i guess that makes me a vested partner. I don't know where all the "stop bashing Pasa Bon" came from. I never said it was better, my quote was "its as good as". Pizza here, at any of the places, is not as good as mass produced delivery in the USA. If i would have come on here and said "it's great, you gotta try it"...then i would question whether I had a vested interest in the place. For the record I have ordered takeout from Pasa Bon 5 times since Sept 1st (and they were closed for a bit), ate one time at Divers Diner (pizza), and have had slices at Rhumba. I do not cook, so I usually go out for nice dinners, but when I eat at home (takeout) the options are: Chinese (which gets old fast), Pizza, Robbies Grill, Appeldam Grill, Bobbyjans etc.

Where is Robbie's Grill and Appeldam Grill?
    Bob Bartikoski
    Owner RE/MAX Paradise Homes
    www.bonairehomes.com