Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where do expats meet in Bonaire?

I don't know why people don't still go to Diners Diner, the prices are good, the beer is cold. The pizza is as good as Pasa Bon, and not as expensive, you also have a view of the sea. I would hope people would give the new owner a chance, starting a business on this island is not easy, don't penalize them because they are not from the USA. A good portion of American tourists that come to Bonaire are divers, and they named their place "Diners Diner", that shows me that they WANT Americans to come to their place. Whats wrong with that? the old owners were wonderful people, and are missed, but give the place a chance.

the happy hour has nothing to do with Divers Diner - nor any other place -- there are very few of us expats around right now and simply said we are usually working and are busy with our agenda's. i for one -work until after 6PM Friday's -live in Rincon and don't care to drink and drive. I think Divers Diner is great and recommend it to all island visitors.

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Petri is right ... we were at Divers Diner on Friday evening with 4 friends from the US ... Luis, Luis, Derek & the team do a nice job ... food was good, prices are reasonable, service was quick, location is great ...
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32

If you don,t mind a couple of Canadians in the mix, we will be visiting middle of November and would enjoy meeting up anytime ...

Flower Mound Tx. ( 2 miles from DFW airport)

We also arrive Nov. 14 th , we will be with 3 other US couples . We will be there until End of Jan. So we would have plenty of time to meet up. Even if they are Canadians . Just leave your Blue Jay hats home.LOL

how about Friday November 20th at Diners Diner?

divers diner

We we will be in 8- 22 nov. , Mike, if you like I can bring you a blue jays hat if you like , it was a game series against Texas! It would be nice to meet up

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTruesdell View Post
    We also arrive Nov. 14 th , we will be with 3 other US couples . We will be there until End of Jan. So we would have plenty of time to meet up. Even if they are Canadians . Just leave your Blue Jay hats home.LOL

Gmichael is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Who are you..? just curious why you feel threatened with my post...I only post on BT once or twice a month.. I suspect you have a vested interest in Divers Diner..you comparing it to Pas a Bon Pizza is aq defininte clue as to your agenda. And your attack on me is ridiculous and does not derrve an anwer! I give people credit for having the inteligance to decide issues for themselves. I will not answer you publically again but if you want to contact me personally like a gentleman my e mail is tzdakah@hotmail.com or skype BONAIRENA or phone 717 4781 cell 777 4781.for alcoholism, it is epidemic here. We would love help from EX Pats to solve these issues but I dont think you are at all capable or interested. I would welcome your personal contact.

I have no vested interest in Diners Diver WHATSOEVER, wrong again. I have seen your attack on others on Facebook, personal attacks on families that have been here for generations, NOT expats. Try not to forget that you are not from Bonaire, you are an outsider, like the rest of us. I couldnt care less where the people want to meet. As for the pizza? I'm from New York, I know pizza. Pasa Bon pizza is good, but it's not as great as everyone says, and it is overpriced, and don't get me started on the $4.50 bottle of coca-cola. I simply stated that Divers Diner pizza "was as good as Pasa Bon, and not as expensive". So if you want to sit in a hot pizza place getting eaten alive by mosquitos, then have at it. I prefer to be close to the Sea, that's why I'm here. I also think Rhumba makes a good pizza....oh wait, does that mean I have a "vested interest" in Rhumba?