Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice from the pros!!!!

Smile Need some advice from the pros!!!!

I am Aruba Bob and I own a snorkel business in Aruba. Here is my website: arubabobsnorkeling.com
    I spend 7 months in Aruba and its really nice and close to shoot to Cur or Bonaire for a week of diving. I came to Bonaire in 2006 and 2009 as a snorkeler but now I am a avid diver. With about 500 dives under my belt in 2 years, you can see how much I LOVE it. I turned 50 in March and my youngest daughter, Kyra turned 21 in March so we both come to Bonaire for a dive trip to celebrate. She has been certified for 7 months and has about 60 dives under her belt.

I would really like some advice from the pros. We are both in pretty good shape because we swim about 3 to 4 miles a day in Aruba on our snorkel tours and that a lot of current in Aruba. When we were just there in March, these are the dives we did and really enjoyed them. There was a boat in so we couldn't do the Salt Pier.
    Tolo, Buddy dive reef day and night, Bari reef, Something Special day and night, Hilma Hooker, Angel City, Alice and Wonderland, Invisibles, and Tori Reef.
    We had a amazing time and the biggest day was 5 dives which started early in the morning and ended with a night dive. I guess that should tell you how we r die hard divers!!
    We are coming back for 9 days the end of June and my question is: Where are the BEST dive spots that we should try in June and is their any guides that r recommended to go places where u really need a guide? We did the snorkeling twice on Woodwind to Klein Bonaire but no diving. I would appreciate any advice so we can have another great dive trip. We have a pickup truck and our own gear. Thanks a lot. Aruba Bob

Gmichael is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Please be sure with the kind of diving you do, to buy insurrance for both you and your daughter..

Thanks a lot. We both have Dan insurance.

Any dive site in Bonaire is so great . You have been to a lot of the good ones. For more adventure
    contact east coast divers. We saw 20 eagle rays and probably 30 turtles on 2 dives on the east side
    with them in Feb.. It was very rough the day we went. Hopefully in June it won't be that bad. They can also
    take you over to Klein Bonaire to dive. Or go with Toucan divers or wanna dive . They both go to Klein
    daily. I would suggest Rock pile or Forrest on Klein.

I would recommend 1000 steps. I think it's one of the best shore dives up north. Also, down south, The Willemstoren Light House. This site can be challenging depending on conditions but it's worth it if conditions allow. Go early in the morning for best conditions. That's just two of many. Good luck!

I would recommend you pick up a copy of Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy by Susan Porter

http://www.infobonaire.com/bsdme is her web site The Bible of Bonaire shore diving
    There's no place like Bonaire

In the south I like Sweet Dreams , it's a lot of soft coral, have seen eagle rays and turtles almost every time.

In the north Nukove and Tolo are my favorites. Have seen huge morays every time at Nukove
    Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, beer in the other, body used up, totally worn-out and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Sounds like you have hit most of my favorite southern sites. You can always dive them again and add some new ones like Sweet Dreams. I would add Karpata to your list up north, along with 1000 Steps. By all means take several trips out to Klein Bonaire and dive there. Enjoy.

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

If you would like some "off the beaten path" diving, Cai is great. You might also wish to contact Bas Tol www.BASDiving.com, who can take you to some amazing east side (windward side) dive sites and some nice unmarked places.

On the south side, don't be afraid to drift dive ... enter say at Willemstoren Lighthouse and drift to the radar tower, exit there, remove gear, one person stays with the gear and the other walks back a short ways to get the truck. A lot easier than traditional enter here/exit here diving. Even if there's no current, you can do this just about anywhere on the south side.
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32

Thanks a lot for all the GREAT advice. I have ordered the book and I am making a lot of notes for me. On the last trip, we only did the Tolo dive up north but in June, we will do a lot more diving up there. Aruba Bob