Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CUR to BON Connection Time

Default CUR to BON Connection Time

Does anyone have any recent experience with the amount of time needed to make a connecting flight from CUR to BON.

We will arrive in CUR around 3:15pm and there is an Insel Air flight to BON at 5:05pm. That's just under 2 hours and I'm not sure if that's enough time to get through customs, get our luggage and check in with Insel.

Dixie

Hi Dixie,

Just hope you land on time and are not landing with any other big jets from Holland or other locations, which will tie up immigration and customs. Personally, when coming from the States, I try to build in more time--just in case. If all goes well, you can make it. If one thing upsets the apple cart, you might not.

One other thing.............if you are arriving on Insel and connecting to Insel, you should be able to go through transit and bypass immigration, baggage claim, and customs. If you are arriving on another carrier, say American, and connecting to Insel, you have to go through all that.

Thanks Susan. We would be arriving direct from Toronto via WestJet so we wouldn't be able to go through transit.

Dixie,
    Insel for the issues that they have had in the past has one thing going for them, they take care of their customers, at least with my experience. They saved my wife and I when another island carrier decided to leave Bonaire 7 hours late and refused to provide any assistance to the states once we finally arrived in Aruba three hours after our United Flight left. My wife and I had flown Insel from charlotte to Bonaire with delays but they took care of us. With the connection in Cur from one carrier to another, I would check out the Cur airport website and see what other flights are coming in at the same time. Like Susan stated if there are a few others biggies from Europe or the states, baggage will get delayed. Customs are quick there. You shouldn't have to pay the airport departure tax except maybe the transit fee keep your ticket coming into CUR.

BEst

Robert

It looks like a KLM flight would be coming in 8 minutes after we're supposed to land so if one is early and the other late, it could be busy. I have a group going to Bonaire Nov. 16 and a few people are already booked on this itinerary so it makes me a bit nervous.

Has anyone been on the 7:30pm Insel flights (on weekends). I see they use an MD-80 plane so there's over 120 seats. I'm just wondering if the 5:05pm is missed, is the 7:30pm flight usually full in mid-November (generally speaking - I know this changes).

There will be 12-16 people so I'm not sure if the Insel flight would wait if they're missing that many people!

Thanks

TankHalfFull is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

The past couple of times we've attempted to take this flight, it has been delayed. Once, they cancelled the flight and put us on the later flight with the larger plane. Patience is required...

Hey Dixie, Carol and I do this route every time we come to Bonaire and have no issues. We usually fly yyz-mia-cur via american airlines and then connect with Insel. Gives us a nice break for a bite to eat and a stretch. This year though we are going to overnight In Curacao. We like Curacao as well. When are you going to be in Bonaire? We will be there April 1st for 2 weeks

Hi Nestor! I was going to do the AA flight but the direct Westjet flight is so convenient and less hassle with a group. I've got a group going Nov. 16-23 and then 8-10 of us are staying for another week. How much time do you have in between your flights once you arrive in Curacao?
    Dix.

lots of good information-mainly note that Insel has at least 2 additional flight from Cur to Bon after you arrive. If you don't make the 5:30, you still have options. We use the direct flight from Charlotte to Cur and connect to Bon. There is a very short layover(45 min). The Charlotte flight has been late, and they have actually held the Bon flight before. the last flight to Bon is 8:30+/-. So far, Insel has always delivered us and all of our luggage at the same time on the same day. But, as noted, we are flying with Insel on both legs of the flight.

Vann Evans
    A4 Sand Dollar
    Nobody is born knowing how to dive; we must practice, practice, practice.