Thread: Soy based meat substitute

BrianOD is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Default Soy based meat substitute

On our last visit to Bonaire we were able to obtain some soy based meat substitute in cans at the old supermarket that was across the street from the Warehouse. That place is gone and we have not been able to find anything like it. Does anyone know where I can get something like this? I use it in my veggie fajitas.

Brian

I don't know what you mean exactly but v.d. Tweel Supermarket has all kind of Soy based products
    Brigitte - owner Coco Palm Garden

I saw the products in the cooler near the vegetables at Tweel. Those are my "backup" options. I was wondering if anyone knew of other options. I did see an organic food store downtown yesterday, but it appeared to be under construction and clearly not opened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianOD View Post
    I did see an organic food store downtown yesterday, but it appeared to be under construction and clearly not opened yet.
    Unfortunately, Brian, what you saw was the remains of an organic food store, it's been closed at that location for some time now.

Thanks Susan. I'll continue my search. The item I purchased was Loma Linda Vege-Burger vegiburger.jpg