Thread: 10th Anniversary Trip Sept 21 to 28 2013 (a little late)

Default 10th Anniversary Trip Sept 21 to 28 2013 (a little late)

Bonaire Anniversary Trip Report Sept 21 to 28 2013
    I know a bit late.

Getting to Bonaire: We took Delta for the first time. All went well, arrived on time both ways. Will take them again next trip.
    Diving: We used Bonaire Dive Friends for our Nitrox. Plenty of tanks and always 3000 +. Everyone was great, friendly and courteous. We will use them again next trip
    We only made 12 Dives this trip. Bari Reef, Invisables, Toris Reef, Something Special, Windsock, Oil Slick, Tolo, Webers Joy, Karpata, Bachelors Beach, Salt Pier, Dive friend site in town.
    Kritter Count: 3 Turtles, spotted eagle ray, southern sting ray, frog fish, 2 sea horses, 5 ocean trigger fish, Several bait balls, only 4 lion fish, one of which I killed with a rock.
    several large Barracudas, Small jelly fish, and all the rest of the usual sea kritters that make diving Bonaire such a joy and pleasure.
    Always in awe of all the life on the reefs. Every Dive was great! My favorite dive was the last one. A couple of mile stones this trip. I made my 350th Dive and Jena her 250th dive.
    Jena had a little problem with her regs but Bruce Bowker came to our rescue and fixed them for her. Thank you Bruce!
    Dining: We went to van den tweel for groceries on the first day as we always have breakfast and lunch in our Apt.
    Restaurants: Pasa Bon Pizza the first day. Great as Always. Patagonia for our 10th wedding anniversary. Good food good service good drinks great Air Conditioning,
    Rib Factory, good ribs again, Lovers Ice Cream, yummy. Ingredients, Food was good so was the service but we thought it was a little over priced.
    Beer: Polar and Brights both cold and refreshing. Brought 6 Brights back with me.
    Still have 3.
    Accommodations : We stayed in a 2 bedroom house in Belnem. http://www.vrbo.com/2971
    This is a great house on a quiet street, close to southern dive sites. Property is set up for divers, only a few feet between truck and rinse tank, This is nice when you are taking care of dive gear for two. We had everything you could want in the house, almost like being home. We didn't want to go home. We will be renting this house for our 11th trip next year. Can't wait to return to paradise for Bonaire Adventure 2014.
    Rental Truck: we rented from AB Car Rental, we always get the extra ins. What I like to call walk away ins. full coverage and no deductible. This was the 5th time with them and no problems no issues and will use them on our next trip.

Here are a few pictures from the trip.coney spongea.jpgblenniea.jpgbandshrimpa.jpgarrow4a.jpgxmastreea.jpg

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Nice report. Which Dive Friends location?
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32

Thank you,
    We used the Port Bonaire location, your report was good also. Maybe someday we can move to Sunny Bonaire like you. just a little jealous

Here are a few more pictures from Sept 2013 trip.

Try again
    Here are a few more pictures from Sept 2013 Trip.

http://s30.photobucket.com/user/mrco...%20Sept%202013
    Last edited by matthewc; 02-24-2014 at 10:54 AM.

I like your photos, especially the octopus and the seahorse with tiny friends.

Patsy ><((((o>
    Regards...Patsy ><((((o>

Nice photos! Thanks for sharing.

Great picks. Really enjoyed them. Thanks for sharing!