Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: callling wwguy

wwguy is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by gbf View Post
    Did your hotel shuttle yall to the international terminal or did you catch a cab? We're booked into the Double Tree (bargain using HHonors points right now, don't know why). Have no idea what their shuttle arrangements are.
    As far as I know none of the Hilton properties are offering complimentary shuttle to the International terminal. The Hilton Atlanta Airport hotel, Hilton Garden Inn North, Hampton Inn North, and DoubleTree hotels are all at the top of the freeway circle that surrounds ATL airport. It's about the same distance west to the domestic terminal as it is east to the new international terminal. There's no way the hotels can serve shuttles to both terminals without doubling up on shuttles and drivers, which they don't seem too enthused about doing.

We use the complimentary shuttle from domestic terminal to the hotel, and a cab between the hotel and international terminal. Cab fare and tip runs about $20. Going to Bonaire I usually just arrange the cab at the hotel front desk when I check in on Friday night. Returning from Bonaire I just get a cab at the airport curb.

For the past few years we've been staying at the Hilton Garden Inn North, also using HHonors points. But after reading your post I just switched our reservations for the next 2 trips to the DoubleTree. HGI wants 30,000 HHonors points per night vs. 10,000 points per night for DoubleTree. This is the first time I've ever seen HHonors rewards stays available at 10,000 points for anything other than a Hampton Inn. Net savings for 4 nights was 80,000 HHonors points. Thanks!

gbf is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Thanks.

We, too, have always stayed at HGI North, but the deal at Double Tree was just too good. I've never stayed at this one, but generally DT's are nice enough. I guess we'll find out. Doesn't really matter, though. Just a place to hang my hat while waiting on the flight to Bon...
    Brad Ford

curious about having to take a cab to the international airport in Atlanta. We fly Delta to Atlanta on Friday, overnight in Atlanta at the Wellesley. It has a free shuttle to and from airport. The shuttle lets us off at the Delta terminal area and we check in there for our flight to Bonaire. Of course, we have to take the ATL shuttle train to get from one building / terminal area to another. Maybe Delta doesn't use the new international terminal.

wwguy is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Delta uses both the domestic and international terminals at ATL. Flights to/from Bonaire are served via the international terminal. Most hotel shuttles only serve the domestic terminal. You can use the underground shuttle train to traverse terminals after clearing security, but you have to check your luggage before this. It's my understanding and experience that luggage for international flights must be checked at the international terminal.

When headed for Bonaire on Saturday morning the free hotel shuttle will take you to the domestic terminal, where you can board a free airport shuttle bus that will take you to the international terminal on the other side of the airport. Or you can take a cab from the hotel directly to the international terminal. The latter choice is much shorter and more convenient, and worth the $20 cab fare in my opinion.

A few people have reported success in checking luggage in the domestic terminal for the international flight to Bonaire, and then using the underground train to cross the airport to their international gate. I inquired about this in the ATL airport at the check-in counters in both terminals and again at the information desk. In all instances I was advised that this wasn't recommended or officially supported, and that the airline wouldn't be responsible if my bags didn't make it to my flight in time for take-off. So I haven't tried this method of checking in. When faced with the possibility of a week without my dive gear on Bonaire that $20 cab fare seems like a bargain to me.