Thread: Bamboo Bali - Jan 25-Feb 08 - must cancel due to United horrible flight, please help!

Default Bamboo Bali - Jan 25-Feb 08 - must cancel due to United horrible flight, please help!

Hi there!

You are probably aware that United Airlines changed their flight schedule in December.
    They just advise us 10 days before we fly in Bonaire! And our new flight is horrible!
    We have to stay overnight in Newark on the way there AND coming back, a 21 hours trip span. Plus extra charges.

I spent 3 hours on the phone with United, trying to get other connections. All crappy.
    They finally agree to credit our flight no charges.

BUT: We have a reservation from Jan. 25th to Feb. 08 at Bamboo Bali.
    They have a 21 days cancellation policy, so we are too late for that. United would have advise us earlier, that would have been a whole different story.
    Anno was very nice to say they will try to rebook and if so, we'll be ok.
    If you are interested by those dates, or if you know somebody how is going, please contact them. http://www.bamboobalibonaire.com

I would love to go to Bonaire, but under those conditions, it's awful. Please share!

wwguy is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Sorry you can't make it to Bonaire. I hope you find someone to take your reservation, and that you find an alternate destination that meets your travel expectations.

No offense intended, but I can't help but smile at your references to "horrible" flights, "crappy" connections, and "awful" travel conditions. We look forward to a similar travel experience every year, including overnight stays in Atlanta going both ways. Our opinion is that if it was easier to get to Bonaire it probably wouldn't be as much fun to be there.

Anxiously counting the days until we return to dushi Bonaire...

Atlanta seems more fun than Newark! I can go to NYC, but it will cost me even more.
    I have been to China, Thailand, Fidji faster than with this flight

Sorry to hear about your trip ;( I was caught up in the whole Snow Storm & Polar Vortex mess last week. U.S. Airways called me immediately, and I was able to get to my destination via a different airline. On the return trip, United cancelled my flight, rescheduled it for 3 days later and never notified me. I discovered the schedule change when I tried to check in for my flight online. I then tried to get them on the phone and I kept getting a recording telling me to call back at another time.

I sent an email to the following contact at United: anne.seeley@united.com

I received a response within 4 days. The United supervisor at the counter kept telling me it was weather, I kept insisting that the weather may have been responsible for the cancellation, but not for the failure to notify me of the cancellation, which caused me additional travel costs.

I think it is worth a try to send an email and explain what happened, had they notified you in time, you could have cancelled the hotel. Another avenue might be your credit card company.

Nice that Bamboo Bali is trying to work with you.....hope they are able to fill your reservation.

Sorry to hear about your flight change. I have heard people comment on how nice the " new schedule " is , but I agree with you , it is very expensive to get in to Newark and fly out at 8:30 am , and the same problem on the way home ...has made it a big problem for me and many other divers.... the midnight flight was very good for us.... sad to see it go .

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

did you check the schedule to Miami and than with insel air to Bonaire?

@ Smits : I will check the other flight options, might be more expensive, but if I include the extra cost of Newark Hotel, might worth a try.
    Mia-Bon with Insel connect to Curacao, is that a smooth connection?
    Atlanta - Bonaire is at 1536$

Curacao connection is much smoother than Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by natchaloux View Post
    @ Smits : I will check the other flight options, might be more expensive, but if I include the extra cost of Newark Hotel, might worth a try.
    Mia-Bon with Insel connect to Curacao, is that a smooth connection?
    Atlanta - Bonaire is at 1536$
    Price the Delta Bonaire flight from other cities--for example it is about $300. from Miami via Atlanta on Delta. Also check Charlotte--Bonaire on Insel.