Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help to dive at Salt Pier

Thank you!!!

I've seen a lot of pictures and videos from Salt Pier, and I have a lot of pictures to do in my mind

Here you can see some of my shots from other trips to Bonaire http://www.jordibenitez.com/galleries/4779/

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Amazing pictures Jordi!!

Amazing Jordi! wow. What gear do you use?

Many thanks guys!!!!!

All this shots are made with a Canon Rebel XTI (400D) in S&S housing. 2 Inon Z-240 and tokina 10-17mm for wide angle and Canon 100mm for macro.

Now I'm using a 7D in Nauticam Housing

Thx again

Beautiful! Can't wait to see your pictures of the salt pier!
    Blow bubbles, and be at peace.

Last year we ran into a guy at Salt Pier who asked us if we were local dive guides.I told him no, and he proceeded to tell us that we were required to have a local guide with us to do this dive. This was news to me, as we had inquired about diving here and were told no local DM was required. We didn't want to cause any issues so we moved on to another dive site. We had done this dive several times previously with no issues and have done this dive after this day. It is one of our favorite dives on the Island. We have inquired about diving here and have been told that as long as there are no ships in, you can dive here. ( maybe this guy was after the $$$$$) We usually enter south of the pier near the old wooden boat. Easy navigation out then just follow the pilings along the reef.Deeper on the outside of the pilings than the inside. Great dive, enjoy...

Thank you Townses!!!