Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help to dive at Salt Pier

Default Help to dive at Salt Pier

Hi guys.

We gonna be in the island from 8 to 17 may (we are a group of 6 divers). Is not our first time, it will be the 4th time for me, but never been before at Salt Pier diving.

How we have to do to dive there? I remember that other years you should need a DM to dive there, we asked and it was $25 everyone, $150 one dive!! a little bit expensive for us.

It's still necessary a DM?

Otherwise, water temp I think it will be about 77-78, it's correct?

Thank you for advance!!!!!

Jordi
    Last edited by ModRoy; 01-10-2014 at 10:17 AM. Reason: PRA

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I believe that you can now dive Salt Pier as long as there is no ship docked there. No one will bother you. I have dived Salt Pier many times, and saw a number of groups there on different days last fall.
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32

Morning everybody. We have dove the Salt Pier a few times and it is so beautiful of a dive. It's like diving in a Cathedral. The corals on the pier a very large.

No DM necessary. Just get a good understanding of how it's layed out before you drop in. Then count out the platforms in one direction, return to center, go the other direction. No issue at all.

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Easy entry is just about 100' south of a old concrete building past overhead loading system where you can park [do not know if old wood boat is still there very near the entry] and gear up. Easy walk in area between some rock/boulders and it is a nice kick out to the pier area but one of the places we continue to see turtles---also really nice return to do saftey stop while swimming back to shore. Again depends on any current, but we have not encountered anything strong in the area. Huge tarpon will be seen along with some of the most beautiful colored coral--be safe and careful and watch out for turtles on island side of pillars. One of the best photo opportunities we have seen, but as with others we do not dive the site if the boat is docked. 22 days until back in water heaven! Cornhusker

randl is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

We dove it last week, parking beside four or five pickups on the north side of the pier. There is a small sign in the parking area asking that you not park closer to the pier than the sign.

The entry was fairly easy. We went through a small cut in the line of rock at the shore. The dive was beautiful but the most impressive thing was a very large, shy Goliath grouper hovering under the pier.

We loved this dive. Easy in and out, easy navigation, and the fish were abundant. It was a shallower dive so bottom time was very long. We did not use a DM and saw nothing saying we needed one.

DS

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Benitez View Post

Otherwise, water temp I think it will be about 77-78, it's correct?

Jordi
    I think it would be a bit warmer, 80ish.

Many thanks guys!!!!!

I'm sure we gonna enjoy this dive a lot!!!! I gonna show the pictures when i come back

80f is perfect!!!!

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

if you go to youtube and search video and type in scuba diving Bonaire you will find some on salt pier you will get a taste of what you will encounter. 18 days and we are in the air! cornhusker