Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romantic recommendations?

Default Romantic recommendations?

Hi!

I'm brand new to the forum. My wife and I will be arriving on Bonaire in a few days. I'd like to treat her to some romantic locations, activities and interludes while we are there. Do any of you have any good recommendations for us?

Special spots, wonderful vistas, fun music, romantic locations for meals...any advice would be welcome!

John

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Welcome to BT, John ... we have often dined at Capriccio's for special occassions. Great setting right by the sea, excellent Italian food & wine. Wil's is also really nice.

Have a great time on Bonaire !!
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32

Hello John,
    Every year we go to Bonaire to celebrate our anniversary and my husband wants to do the same thing. Well, we went to the Tipsy Seagull a few years ago and it was not good. It was overpriced and the food was not cooked properly. I would go back there for a couple of drinks and the sunset but that is about it. We tried Richards (now closed) one year, but they we out of almost everything in menu, there frozen drink machine was broken and so was their cappuccino machine. It is now Sebastian's. We tried it and was very disappointed. Friends of ours tried it again and and got the same results.....over rated and over priced they even served fish that was not fresh and meat that was not tender. The located is great ,right on the water but that was about it , It great for a sunset and some drinks. We always go to La Barca a few times each trip , right on the water, north of town, where the food is fresh and yummy. We have tried many items on their menu and never had a complaint. It is family owned and run, so they take pride in everything they do. The chef was trained in Italy and his pastas are made fresh . Service is top notch as well. Capriccio's is good too. They are very consistent with their food and have amazing wine list. They remind me of a NY City restaurant...pricey and small portions but always good.
    ...........................I hope this helps. ......................... Have a wonderful trip
    Last edited by jujubees; 01-06-2014 at 03:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Get some Bobbe Jan's and eat it sitting with your legs hanging off the walk way over the water just down at the end of the alley on which you find the restaurant.

What's more romantic than getting covered in a little BBQ sauce on a warm Caribbean night?

Lakewood, Washington - the cold, green waters of the Pacific Northwest!

Walking the waterfront in the cool of the evening, right around sunset, either just before or after dinner is always a winner!

I have a couple suggestions;

Sunrise on the east side is incredible. We found this one arriving on the Continental red eye and having no place to go to until 2:00pm. Hint: for a private sandy (comfortable) spot take a right on the sand road before getting to the wind surfing place.

Or..

At sunset grab a pizza at Capt Donís and take it to the end of their dock. With your feet hanging over the side, share the sunset and the pizza. Sounds a bit corny but try it. The sea, the sunset, the bobbing dive boats, your dive buddy, Diving Freedom Baby!! Where is the love? It's right here Mama!!!

Thanks for the ideas, everyone! It's my plan to make this trip one that my wife will always remember and treasure!

Thanks, everyone! I want to make this a trip that she will always remember and treasure!

Hi John!
    If you want romantic and you like music , try to find out where Benji Schaub is playing , sometimes he is at Capriccio's ,usually Sunday or Monday nights and sometime's Captian Don's , he plays some really nice jazz , and outside food and wine and warm ocean breeze is very romantic ! Also the restaurant Spice at Eden Beach is right on the water and is very nice .... Enjoy!

here are several ideas that we like--
    1)drive up to Sera lagu(sp??)for sunset-it's a religous memorial park on the way to rincon. it is the highest point in Bonaire except for the park-it's a beautiful view
    2)take a bottle of wine and some snacks and go to the southern end of the island for sunset and watch the flocks of flamingos fly off to venezula

Vann Evans
    A4 Sand Dollar
    Nobody is born knowing how to dive; we must practice, practice, practice.