Thread: Buddy Dive Safari 3 tank boat dive in Park....?

Question Buddy Dive Safari 3 tank boat dive in Park....?

Hello,
    Has anyone ever done this 3 Boat Tank dive in the park with Buddy dive? We are shore divers but are wondering if is worth the money? Will you be saving time? We will only be on the island for a week this year, so we didn't want to spend the whole day in the park? Thanks

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

That trip does not always happen, it depends on the availability of their largest boat. Check with Buddy Dive directly.

It is a good trip, and the dives are good....different scenery than down south. We drove the park once to dive there, and didn't like the entries, so never got wet.

I know people go to Bonaire for the shore diving, but the boat dives to Klein and some of the otherwise-inaccessible northern sites (like Rappel) are worth every penny they cost, and they cost very little.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

We are really hoping to make this trip when we go in May/June. I hear in the high season it fills up so it is best to inquire early in your trip. For our upcoming lower season trip I hope there will be enough divers to go. There may be four of us, but I am not sure what the minimum number required is, etc. We did make 5 boat dives to Klein on our last trip and will definitely do a handful on this trip. We really like Klein and while its not worth boat diving all day every day, I do think there is more in the way of critters and reef depending on where you go.

If you find out more jujubees, let us and know and please do a report on it when you get back.

This trip seems to always be full. I tired July and October. Does it exist? Or do they want a full boat.

I was told to check with them about the trip as soon as you get to Bonaire. Has anyone contacted them ahead of time via email to reserve a spot? Do they do that? I will be there for two weeks, so we may have two potential chances to get on the trip. We are not staying with them but may or may not dive with them depending on where others in our group plan to stay and dive. Thanks!

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Trying getting a group together for your first Friday...many folks will be off-gassing then, so the boat might be open.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Sorrows is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

I've tried twice--this last time the boat was laid up, waiting for a part from Germany. The first time, pretty much the same excuse. There was a rumor that they were saving it for the cruise ship crowd, but Augusto (dive manager at Buddy's) assures me this isn't true. Mel, I'm glad that SOMEBODY has been able to get on that safari; I was really wondering if it was a figment of our collective imagination! I would love to try it, because having seen the dive sites in the park, I don't much care for the entries (and exits are worse!) myself.

Sorrows is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Oh, and I tried repeatedly to sign up ahead of time, but they will not allow you to do that. You have to sign up in person. I even offered to pay in advance, but no dice.

Hello,
    I just e-mail Serge(in charge of Divi Dive) and asked him if they ever do the 3 tank Park dives,....awaiting his reply. Will keep you guys posted.....

Scotttyd is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

I did the dive two trips ago - it was good - glad I did it, fun day (always like being on the water) - Last year the boat was out of service when I was there. I probably won't pay to do it thou - going back to buddy for my fifth trip in May - gonna do the cheap boat dives to Klein and the rest shore diving