Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Bonaire Residency - The process and forms explained

Quote Originally Posted by Olga View Post
    My questions are:
    1) Which form i need to fill in and apply to IND being on island? MBES-03 or MBES-01? I'm Russian with Schengen area long term visa D. Which allows me to spend 3 months on Bonaire each 180 days.
    2) What is the best way to schedule an appointment to IND being outside the island ? Phone? E-mail ? Web-form on site? Attorney who will go there directly and will do it for me before my actual arrival this March ?
    My answers to my questions:
    1) MBES-03 with MBES-22
    2) Not required, personal visit according to IND schedule

DSearle is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Default Updated Info Sheets from Bonaire Help Desk

Here are recently updated Info Sheets from Bonaire Help Desk (bonairehelpdesk.com).
    These are downloadable PDF files, and they have links to the relevant government websites and forms.

Residency Basics for Dutch and US citizens
    Obtaining a Good Conduct Report US PERSONS ONLY (called a VOG in Bonaire; called a Identity History Summary Check by the FBI)
    Residency Basics for EU and Canadian citizens (and certain other countries)

These Bonaire Help Desk Info Sheets do not apply to people from countries for whom the MVV is required.
    Here's a link to the newly updated RCN IND website for more detailed (and official) information.

Hello All,
    My wife and I already own a home on the island and the end of next year i will be able to retire with a pension from my job in NY. I also have dual citizenship US/Netherlands because my mother is from Saba Island so i'm not sure if this would be easier to obtain residency on the island as opposed to having an EU citizenship?
    I know i should talk to Bruce Zavon but i'm Just looking for anyones input?

Russell -

Which passports do you have? Netherlands, USA or both? What does you wife have? This is really a question for Agnes Joosten or Carlo Abdul. They will likely have seen this before and can give you good advice. The residency process and requirements for both Dutch and Americans is virtually the same.

Good luck!
    Bob Bartikoski
    Owner RE/MAX Paradise Homes
    www.bonairehomes.com

I have both my wife has u. S.

Quote Originally Posted by rossell View Post
    I have both my wife has u. S.
    I would talk to Agnes Joosten or Carlo Abdul and ask them the best way for you to apply, if there is one. It might not make a difference.
    Bob Bartikoski
    www.bonairehomes.com

The one form/item that I'm confused by is the US Single Status Certificate. Everything I've read indicates I have to do this at a US Embassy or Consulate. Obviously I can't do that while living here in the USA. Do I have to wait until I'm overseas to get this form? I'm really at a loss on this one. Any help?

BoBoe - You need to ask Carlo or Agnes how to do this as a US citizen, in Holland you can get a certificate proving you are single and never married, or that you don't have children. Because you are from the US, you can't easily prove a negative, like you've never been married. You can ask Agnes or Carlo how to do it.
    Bob Bartikoski
    www.bonairehomes.com

Greetings all, and thank you for all the great info. My husband and I are coming for 6 months to do diving internships. I am seeking guidance for the timing of applying for residency, assuming we are eligible at the end of our 6 month stay. We went ahead and obtained our FBI background as a test run, but I'm confused about the timing, and so have not sent them off to the State Department yet. I understand the FBI history must not be older than 3 months, so these would be too old anyway towards the ends of our 6 month internships. Should we plan to return to the USA in 3 months to get fingerprinted again? Also, when we wrote to the immigration office for advice, they seemed to want us to start the process even though we are doing internships. When i wrote back to clarify the internships are unpaid, we never heard back. Is there someone we could consult with for our specific situation? Thank you!

Dear all,

I am a silent reader and thank you very, very much for all your precious infos on moving to beloved Bonaire! I also do have a short question, please accept my apologies if that is too obvious but: as an EU citizen (german that is), can I also apply for residency/independend means/overwintering while NOT having a sponsor to be found as fill in No.1 in MBES03, do we just leave that blank? Do the USD 40.000 per year cashflow (2 persons) still apply as a requisite?

Huge thanks,
    Matthias