Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Dives Please

Default Favorite Dives Please

What is your #1 must dive spot while on Bonaire? Also, do you mainly shore dive or is boat diving a must?

Karpata. Diving there gives me an idea of what it's like to be a bird. Boat dives are nice but not a must.

1000 steps!

Willemstoren Lighthouse. It can be a challenge entering and exiting depending on conditions but well worth it if you're an experienced diver.

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Cai -- surrounded by 40 or more large tarpon is always a thrill
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

My favorite dive is Rappel, but it is a boat dive only.I like multiple sites on Klein, boat dives only.I like to lie in the sand near the mooring at Invisibles and watch the garden eels at 30 feet, but some bozos always swim right over them and make them hide.I like Angel City for the double reef and the amazing coral formations on the second reef.I have 243 logged dives on Buddy Reef, and never get tired of it. Always see something new. Dive slow, see more.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Do you find you do more day or night dives? We have arranged a night dive at Cai & my husband seems to think we will only want to do night dives after that.

3 trips to Bonaire, not once have I ever done a boat dive. Never needed to! La Dania's leap to Karpata drift dive is all out favorite. Short walk from Karpata parking. Drop gear off before so not walking with it.
    Giant stride and go w/ flow.

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I kind of feel sorry for the folks who don't get a chance to do some boat dives. It gives you access to some terrific sites. Yes, there are many great sites that do not require a boat, but not all the great sites are shore dives.

I like to do a night dive (or dawn dive for variety) especially during coarla spawning, like late Sept this year. But 4-5 day dives plus a night dive is a lot of diving.....and the darn night dives interfere with dinner! Dawn works better......
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Charon is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Tori's Reef - simple, easy entry, interesting swim to the reef, good either direction, almost always saw turtles. Ditto Yellow Submarine (except for turtles).
    Last edited by Charon; 07-06-2013 at 12:24 PM.