Thread: La Barca?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    contrms is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Default La Barca?

Two years ago we went to La Barca and thought it was wonderful. Last year, well, not so much. Has anyone been there recently? Would you recommend it? Best/worst dishes to order? Thanks!

La Barca is on our list of eateries when on Island. There menu changes so often that it is hard to tell you what our favorite would be. I ask a bunch of questions before my order is complete, and have had good luck with that angle.

We were just there in December and it was great! I always order the gnocci, which is excellent! My hubby missed the little biscuits they usually serve, so the chef cooked him up a batch to take home! The service is slow, but worth the wait for us.

diverdan1 is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

We were there in December, had not ate there in a couple of years, but my wife said the gnocchi was as good as ever.

La Barca is awesome. We ordered the gnocchi and asked to make it with a meat sauce. It wasn't on the menu but they made it for us each time. It is owned by poppy's family. She runs the dive shop store at the Divi Flamingo. She is such a kind woman who bought this restaurant for her children. Her son is the chef who trained in Europe and her daughters serve and manage. It is a place to try. The serve is a little slow but so is everything else on the island, but it is definitely worth the wait.

contrms is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Thanks to all who replied. Sounds like it's better than ever. We'll definately try it again when we're on island in March.