Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insel Air Contact

John B is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Default Insel Air Contact

I am going on Insel in a few weeks and could not confirm my reservation on line or at the US phone number. I e mailed them and got an automatic response saying they would get back to me in 10 or less days. I was starting to think they would not but on the 10th day my response came back with answers to all my questions and reconfirming my trip. Slow response but in the time frame they said they would do so. I am hoping the flights are OK. Give them time to respond and do so early enough before your trip.

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Calling the US number just goes to Curacao headquarters. It took us multiple tries to reach a live person via phone, but the person we finally reached was courteous & helpful. The flights themselves from MIA-BON and back were on time and comfortable.
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32

I actually had no trouble calling the Curacao number, and the agent there was able to do exactly what I needed. Split off the reso and change it for 2/6 people.

I guess I would say just go straight for the Curacao call center.

Thanks for the update. I am doing the MIA CUR BON on a Friday and the nonstop BON MIA the next Sat. Kob, how long ago did you do the flights? I have 2 1/2 hours in MIA to make the change, is this enought time for the switch from US Air to Insel for CUR BON?

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Hi John -- I did the Insel MIA-BON and back in Sept 2011 (used Delta last year). 2-1/2 hours is more than enough. We had 3 hours between our CLE-MIA flight and the MIA-BON flight. You will need to collect your luggage and schlep it over to the Insel terminal and then re-check it at the Insel counter. After that, just go thru TSA and you're on your way to your gate. We even had time for lunch.

On the way back, allow plenty of time to clear US Immigration in MIA, because that gets seriously backed up. If you have Global Entry, you will have no problem getting through quickly.

Have a great trip.
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32

Thanks again for the info. I have 5 1/2 hours layover on the way back, so should have plenty of time even if a little late. Leave in 2 weeks and can't wait.

Hi John.......Seeing that you are starting off with US air "I believe they still have a code sharing with Insel", you can have then check your lugagge all the way to Bonaire. I have done that on my last couple trips, the last one being a couple of weeks ago. That will save you a ton of lugagge handling.
    On both trips we were a bit late arriving on Curacao. Insel held up the Cur / Bon flight for us. Good luck

We are trying to secure tickets for a March 16th arrival on Bonaire. We have always used Delta for many,many years and now their prices from Bradley International (Ct) to Bonaire are totally ridiculous $1700. We have tickets for Oct. for $600. What's up with that. Any suggestions for alternatives?

We also travel from Bradley to Bonaire. We usually take the American Airline flight from Bradley to Curacao. The flight to Curacao has a stop in Miami where you change planes then on to Curacao. Then we catch a Divi Air flight to Bonaire. We are planning to visit Bonaire in July and we have already purchased our tickets. They were $498 per ticket. And the Divi ticket is about $106 per ticket. We enjoy these flights as they have plenty of time for plane changes. The flight leaves Bradley around 6:00 am and arrives in Miami around 9:00 am. The flight from Miami leaves around 11:30 am and arrives in Curacao around 2:30 pm. The Divi flight leaves at 5:00 pm and gets to Bonaire around 5:30. The return flights also have plenty of time between flights.

Thanks JDButt: On-line this morning and the Delta flight went to $1032. go firgure? Not sure whether to wait to see if they drop further or buy now? We always have some alternatives that seem feasible thru Curacao as you suggested. Seems that the East Coast people can't catch a break with any of these airlines. Even the Red Eye seems a bit high in price lately. We like to travel to the island at least two to three times a year but my pockets are wearing thin on the airlines. We own at Sand$ and like to at least go and check on the place and to have some nice diving fun but at these prices who knows how many times we can do this. thank you again for your advise.