Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: United schedule change, March 2013

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default United schedule change, March 2013

I just logged on to United in order to pass my Feb/March itinerary on to my sister, and I notced they cancelled my March 3 (a Sunday) return to BOS (via EWR)! They rebooked me on Saturday March 2, but only as far as Newark. Over 24 hours later, on March 3, they have me booked from Newark to Boston. Ummm....what?!?! How about letting me know? They make you give all this contact info when you purchase the ticket, then they don't even inform you. I have no idea when they did this. I love having my short, one week vacation shortened by a day. Does anyone know why? Have they cancelled Sunday flights to Newark? (Yes, I plan on calling them, but I am at work right now! And no cell reception in the basement.)

I tried to get that flight (Sunday) a few months ago but was not available. When did you book it?

I booked it August 16. I still haven't called yet...toobusy with work. I will take a Houston flight on Sunday if necessary, but I really don't want to leave on Saturday, nor can I afford a hotel room in Newark on Saturday night.

OMG. I'm so glad you brought this up! I have a reservation with United in December. I just checked it, and they have changed my return flight so that I have ELEVEN MINUTES to catch the next flight. WHAT!

When I made the reservation, I gave myself 2 hours.

Guess I'll have to navigate the "Customer Service" minefield to see if I can get this fixed. *sigh*

Amy

This is horrible. I truly believe that the Continental/United merger has gone horribly. My trip to Truk Lagoon the itinerary has changed 7 times since January. I have never received any notice of the changes. I just found them when I looked on-line. Best of luck calling United, remember not to take their first offer, unless its fantastic, get the flights that fit your schedule not theirs.

For this situation, I decided that the online "help" was not going to help at all, so I called United's 1-800 number and was able to speak to a human being, who rescheduled me for another flight on the same day with a longer layover (4+ hours). A whole lot better than 11 minutes.

I also did not get an email about the first reschedule, and I mentioned this to the agent, who put a "priority" status on future messages. Within a half hour of my phone call, I had an email showing the changed flights.

Let's hope there are no more "surprises"!

Rest assured, I'm going to check my reservation FREQUENTLY between now and my departure in December.

Amy

I'm going to Belize at the end of November and United changed my flight and was notified by email of this change. I was able, if I wanted to, to change my itinerary with no additional charge as long as I did it within 24 hours of opening up the email.

Now that I think about it, It was when I went onto my account at United.com and there was a message or something of that nature that told me of the change.

Had the same thing happen last year. For some reason they take the reservation if you book it quite a bit ahead but they always cancel the Sunday flight beginning The first day of March. Cost us a day of our vacation last year.
    When I talked to them they offer no compensation other than to re book you on the Saturday flight. Its in the fine print somewhere.
    It seems to be getting harder to get to Bonaire, I was checking flights this week and either the prices are super high or there just are not that many different options without it being a mess of flights to get there.

Some friends just booked Delta from Chicago via Atlanta to Bonaire for $640. April 2013 trip. They said it was waay easy.............It was cheaper than I expected they would find!!

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

We just booked CLE - ATL - BON round trip = $667 for September 2013. This is as cheap as I have seen Delta in a looooong time.
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32