Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeking two suggestions...

Default Seeking two suggestions...

We will be in Bonaire in mid-October, and while we will be eating in most of the time (renting a condo), I have two very specific restaurant desires... any suggestions would be very, VERY welcome.

1) A very Bonaire-authentic dining experience. Upscale, downscale, someone's kitchen, it doesn't matter. Alcohol is also not necessary. Interesting, tasty, traditional local dishes are the only requirements.

2) Absolutely hoity-toity. Great service, ideally with views; a meal to dress up for. But (and this is vital), the food must be up to the same standards. A person only turns 50 once and I really, really want to take him somewhere memorable. The finest dining available. With one caveat - indoor dining. He and I dined out for his 30th on a Florida Key and we were SO chomped by mosquitoes that (other than in major metro areas) we've never again dined outdoors at dusk. Ever. You may think this is an overreaction. It is not.

Before I start scratching in memory - I'd be grateful for your recommendations in either of these categories.

1) Mia Banana
    2) Capricious (mis-spelled) Have indoor seating make a reservation.

The correct name is CAPRICCIO

You may also enjoy Appetite - (located on Kaya Grandi) very, very nice with great ambrosia - fine dining and memorable

Brian

Hey y'all, does appetite have indoor airco?

Capriccio's - Very good Italian food. Homemade pastas and an excellent wine selection. Lola and her husband run a very good restaurant. Indoor seating. Highly recommend.

Appetite - We hit this place for the first time during our stay just a few weeks ago. Excellent and will go back again when on the island. Did not notice if they had indoor seating as we sat outside. Here's their URL:
    http://www.appetitebonaire.com/ For bug spray we always us Cactus Juice which you can purchase via the Internet. Effective and enviromentally safe..

Enjoy your holiday.

Neptune Nick

suggestions for 1. i presume you are looking for the Bonaire Krioyo (traditional) kitchen ...... Maiky Snack-open everyday but Thursday .. 11AM- 3PM..located in the country side en route to Cai .. as local as one can get .. also Rose Inn and Posada Para Mira in Rincon .. Mi banana is good but Colombian as is El fogon....

1- Gibi's Local Food, Kaya Hulanda #39 Nikiboko South- 786-6798
    In Aug 31 issue of The Bonaire Reporter http://www.bonairereporter.com/
    is a nice article about Gibi. He is very popular and also search in BT archive for more info on Gibi.

2- I highly recommend At Sea for fine dining, although I have never sat indoors, they have indoor dining. The food is amazing. http://atseabonaire.com/ Also Bistro de Paris has a wonderful indoor space. info@bistrodeparis.com

At Sea is the place for a memorable eve. It is very special. They also have
    a great wine list. All of the staff there are so well trained. Didn't know they
    had indoor dining.

Two other local places besides Maiky Snack and Rose Inn mentioned above are:
    Divi Divi Bar & restaurant on Kaya Gregorio Hernandez -Changed owner's but still authentic Bonaire food.
    Antriol Catering off the Lageon Road on Kaya Mariana.
    Personally I try to go to them all when I am on the island :-)
    Bob

Thank you everyone for your suggestions... it's testing my resolve to eat in most of the time!