Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buying alcohol, wine and beer

TankHalfFull is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Not familiar with Havana Club, but might be up to trying it! Where did you find it?

We bought some 7 year old Havana Club today at Zhung Kong grocery store, not too far past Captain Don's, on the other side of the road. They have the three year old, and the 'regular' dark and light at the small grocery store in the strip mall by Sand Dollar. Also, there's some at the grocery store downtown, whose name escapes me.

It's good rum. I think it's the original Bacardi, before the owners fled Cuba after Castro took over. Way better than Bacardi though.

If you really want high end rum, the 23 year old Ron Zacapa from Guatemala is excellent (and expensive).

We were recently in Nicaragua, their Flor de Cana is very good as well.

FLor de Cana is very good. Can't remember the price off hand. We mostly shopped at TOP downtown and Warehouse (near the round-a-about). The local rum, Rum Superior 1.75 litre was $24.25 and $10.19 for the 700ml bottle. Bacardi 151 was $28.75 for the 750ml. Bacardi Silver was $18.95 (larger than 750ml) and the 750ml bottle was $17.16

I buy my wine and liqour at the Bonaire Gift Shop downtown and Zung Kung in Hato - both have excellent choices and prices.