Thread: Children of the Wind - Official trailer

Cool Children of the Wind - Official trailer

Didn't realise we had no links to this film on BT2, all the previous posts are in BT 1 archives. well that's fixed that

The film is doing the rounds at the Film Festivals, have to wait until early 2013 for the General Release
    PRA & ET Inc
    Proof Readers Anonymous & Extreme Testers

Here's a link to the latest Blog post on the COTW website, about how the World premiere went at the Aruba International Film Festival

childrenofthewindmovie.com/2012/08/strategy-overview-and-our-experience-at-aiff/

I'll proudly admit that I had tears of joy by the end of that!!

Thumbs up Interview with Daphne Schmon on the continuing success of Children of the Wind

whilst on the festival circuit.

PRA & ET Inc

Cool Daphne Schmon... Best emerging Filmaker

PRA & ET Inc

To ModRoy, Many thanks for keeping the readers of BT informed about "Children of the Wind"! As a 12 year visitor to Bonaire, I used to be a regular reader and occasional poster to BT--and have been remiss on both fronts in the last two years as we've worked on our documentary--though during that time we have had many memorable weeks on the island shooting. I will try to improve on that front starting now!

Last week we won the award for "Best Documentary" at the International Film Festival of Antigua and Barbuda, and I'm happy to report that in the four festivals we've attended so far, COTW has won 6 awards. We update the last three festivals--all in the last month--on our blog here: http://childrenofthewindmovie.com/20...5-more-awards/ ModRoy has also posted on this thread our strategy for taking the film on the festival circuit, and if you haven't read it--it will answer some questions you may have. The most common one is: "when do we get to see it!" The quick answer: we will release the film in early 2013.

We were very happy that in June, all but one of the protagonists of the film (unfortunately Tonky was in the Canary Islands) were at the World Premiere in Aruba. Also, we flew to Bonaire during the festival to screen the film for as many of the people who had supported us on Bonaire as we could. Helped by our friends Elvis, Roger and Patun of BWP, Sarah Matera of Divi Flamingo, Gerrald Victorina, and others, we had an SRO gathering for the screening in Divi's conference room and it was a quite a night!

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. Meanwhile, we will keep everyone updated as best we can!

Bob
    Producer
    Children of the Wind

oh yeahhh just found out the Film is now on sale....

Click HERE for ordering info

it can also be downloaded via iTunes ..... HERE

I am so looking forward to seeing my copy of the Bluray DVD to arrive in the post

it is also available in various shops on Bonaire
    Last edited by ModRoy; 11-22-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    PRA & ET Inc

randl is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

We ordered the first day and just loved it! It's an inspiring story...almost a fairy tale. And so many gorgeous shots of the island. Most of all, wait till you see the championship free-style windsurfing. Highly recommended.

esculley is offline Supporting Member SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

thanks roy. just ordered the movie. can't wait. yahooooo