Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moderate restaurants

teninepit is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Just this last week.

BobbyJean cost $55 for 4 with just Cokes.

Pasa Bon Pizza -- 3 large pizzas and 2 orders of garlic bread for 7 was $90. Took it back to the condo and had couple bottles of wine from the grocery store. Total was maybe $130.

Roomers was $10-22 per main course. No idea about overall cost though as buddy paid.

We grilled steaks and had wine several nights and bought stuff at the new grocery store and that was pretty reasonable way to go too. Nice to just hang out.
    Last edited by teninepit; 07-16-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: more info

If you have never been- donít miss the Sunday event at Lac Cai for great local music and wonderful food. (very inexpensive- it usually starts around noon) Also, check out www.bonaire-update.com for a daily listing of all kinds of events including dining.

the Sunday happening is now at Arawak Indian Village located on Kaya Rincon near Porto Spano. Local food at noon .. 1-3PM live mariaichi music followed by live local bands ( each week a different one) from 3:30 -6;30PM. It's a nice place, good music and lots of dancing. For now, there is nothing at Lac/Cai. The road has been destroyed by sea erosion, not accessable and no funding for the repair.

we, billy and I really enjoyed the Arawak experience. It was very nice and the food was delicious. A nice place to spend time on Sunday.. plus you can see the different Tee Pee's (sp??) There is a Gigantic Iguana which makes a nice picture!

Default Sunday at Lac Cai Still Going Strong

I just talked with two Bonaire residents who attend the Lac Cai event every Sunday. As usual they said they were there this weekend. They are good friends with the musicians and say they have not heard of any plans for it to close.

We were there in late May and I will say that part of the road can be bumpy. But the great music, food, view and snorkeling in the bay are well worth the trip.

I am not sure why Petri says there is nothing at Lac Cai.

Please be aware that false rumors can be very damaging to small businesses.

to clarify .. i never wrote that Lac/Cai is closed or will close.... the owners are my friends .. the music is a Mariachi trio and food is still available.. i guess my comment that the road is washed out implied total closing .. the big party is now at the Arawak village as they also have live bands for dancing from 3:30PM - 6:30 PM, a huge dance floor and a local price bar (beer Amstel/Polar for $1.50. A great number of the locals are not going to Cai as the roads are simply too hazardous and literally impassable for our reliable but older vehicles.you have the 2 party places .. but I was referring to the "big party." It is unfortunate that the bad condition of the road at the entrance limits people from choosing to go to CAI and the lack of maintenance is sad -the bathrooms and changing rooms are in complete decay.

it is great to hear that some of our tourists are adventurous and enjoy getting out of the center of town and into the "real" Bonaire. there are great people, little business's with great food and beverages.. at bargain prices ( food / $5.00-10.00, beer $1.50 or less) waiting for you. It is a truly wonderful day to spend your time in the "country'. A favorite local activity on weekends is to get in our vehicles and go from one place to another to meet friends, have a beverage, eat and dance. That is what we call a PARANDA. Please join us.

After many visits to Bonaire and spending a few Sunday afternoons at Lac Cai, last visit (Feb/March 2012) we sought out the Arawak spot. What a great find! Fun music, delicious food with many choices, AWESOME prices, and best of all, VERY, VERY friendly folks who welcomed us into the paranda! It might look like a "trip" on the maps, but it really is not far! We are so glad that we went and enjoyed all that is offered! peace. mellen