Thread: Buddy Dive Resort questions

Default Buddy Dive Resort questions

Hi all, We have a chance at a timeshare the week of Halloween 2013 for a one bedroom. I have until 8pm to decide. I snorkel some but my hubby will be tech certified, do they do that there? Is there a place to snorkel on site? Has anyone done a timeshare here? Thanks for any info!

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

The only problem with deep diving is He costs and arm and a leg.
    If you've got a CCR check first on sorb.
    If you can't get the tech stuff you need at Buddy Dive, check next door at Capt Don's.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Thanks so much, does anybody know about the rooms? Would you stay there?

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I've stayed there for 20+ trips over 12+ years.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

The rooms are fine. It is not luxury but clean and comfortable.

We've stayed in a one bedroom apartment many times over the years. Always clean and it has everything you need. The only negitive is that only the bedroom is airconditioned. If you leave the bedroom door open during the day it will cool the whole place down a little.

frattray is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Foe tech diving there is also Walt Stark http://www.rectekscuba.com/training.html

LouiseG is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Liselv - Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. I hope you made the exchange into this resort. My hubby and I excanged thru RCI in March of this year and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The rooms are clean w/maid service every day and if you get an upper room as we did, there is plenty of ventilation w/the fan. Breakfast was included w/our room with a great variety of fruit and cooked to order waffles, pancakes, etc. You have to keep in mind that this is a diver resort not a luxury resort. But it's neat, clean and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and helpful when requested. Wait staff for dinner was not necessarily the best, but they are mostly Dutch students and there is sometimes a language issue. It was our first trip to Bonaire and I can't wait to return. I am not able to dive anymore, but my husband still does, so I just snorkeled right off shore from the resort while he was out with the boat. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have. They do have nitrox and tanks are available 24 hrs. Did a night snorkel right by the resort and caught some interesting critters in our lights. The only drawback is the resort is a distance from town, but cabs are not too pricey. Town is not real big and everyone takes lunch at the same time so the stores are all closed for a couple of hours every day (I think it was from noon to 2:00). Wishing you lots of fun!