Thread: mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

Default mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

We went to Bon last fall, and I failed to do a trip report. DS's most excellent report has shamed me into at least posting a few of the top-side photos from the trip (I don't do underwater photos).

There photos cycle as my wallpaper, so I sit and look at them all day, and wish I was there.

We stayed for 2 weeks at Beachcomber Villas, and it is a wonderful place - absolutely beautiful and the hosts are some of the nicest folks around. We dove as much as we wanted - me 2-5 times/day, my bride 2-3/day - a good bit on the far northen sites. Breakfast in the apartment, picnic lunch or something quick, dinner at the usual suspects. Enjoyable dinners at Bistro de Paris, At Sea, Le Ma Se (sorta late lunch), Pasa Bon, Wil's, Richard's (for the view more than the food).

In any case, on to the (amateur) photos...

Each day at about 1700 is the cocktail hour on the terrace at Beachcomber Villas. Tim and Leanne (owners) and the guests - we had it to ourselves the first week, with a very nice British couple the second - gather to wait on the sunset (and have a beer). That's my maroon MSU beer-huggie, an important piece of dive gear - how 'bout them booldawgs!!!
    Cocktail Hour.jpg

This is what we're waiting on

Sunset-1.jpg

That white speck in the water in the photo below is a fisherman's boat. You can see it in the above picture as a black speck just to the left of the BOPEC lights.

Sunset_082411_011.jpg

Sunset-2-1.jpg

and then the lightening storm beyond klein...

StormySkies_082411_150.jpg

Lovely photos -- makes next February seem a long way away.

Beachcomber Villas...

Owned by Tim and Leanne Pinkston, who live on the bottom floor. Tim may be one of the most "conscientious" (some sort of "retentive" fella) people I've ever met. He is obsessed with maintenance, cleanliness, and security. And it shows in the property, from the gear room, to the drying racks, to the picnic table for gearing up. We absolutely loved it there, and will be returning there henceforth.

Looking back at the villa from the lower terrace. To the right (grey PVC) is one of two dryings rack by the outside shower/rinse area. That's Tim on the right squatting down cleaining paint brushes.

Looking Back At the Villa-1.jpg

Looking toward Captain Don's
    Looking Toward CaptDons-1.jpg

View from the balcony outside the apartments...

BalconyView-1.jpg

Getting geared up on the "Bonaire Dive Boat"

Gearing up on the Bonaire Dive Boat.jpg

Going diving on The Cliff. A few more steps and I'm there...

A few more steps and in the water.jpg

Great report. The place looks great as well.
    Pachi Jim

Hey gbf,

It looks like you were living the hard life, just waiting for the sun to go down! Makes me want to go back already. Deep sigh.......

Quote Originally Posted by gbf View Post
    We went to Bon last fall, and I failed to do a trip report. DS's most excellent report has shamed me into at least posting a few of the top-side photos from the trip (I don't do underwater photos).

Awww, shucks....

I can understand about not doing U/W pictures. It can get to be an expensive pain in the butt. Then, if you decide to go sans camera you start worrying about the photo you'd miss if the inevitable manta came by. It's torture, man, sheer torture, to be an U/W photo addict.