Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: DiveSergeant's Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by ModRoy View Post
    Oh boy that was not easy!!

I noticed in the manage attachments box there were several URLs to choose from, I scrolled to the bottom and selected the last one, but then still had to delete the thumbnail info from that URL (all info after the 10 digit number)

not sure why you had to copy & paste the URL from the manage attachments box, once you have uploaded they should appear in your post.

Try simply clicking on the Insert Image Icon, then upload from computer, then follow the steps shown ... on THIS Thread click here
    I found the problem with this is that the icon is missing, but seems to still be there hidden. I hover where it should be until the little box opens telling me I'm there and then click it!

What is the weather like? We were there in Nov with a lot of rain. Going end of May, still looks like rain every day. Had hoped for dryer weather.

DS, I love your humor. Your report has me there. And Vann & Laura are fantastic people. Enjoy the rest of your trip. (Like you won't LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Debrafrench View Post
    What is the weather like? We were there in Nov with a lot of rain. Going end of May, still looks like rain every day. Had hoped for dryer weather.
    Yeah, they predict 30% to 50% each day, it seems. So far all the rain of any significance has been early AM, ending by the time we get up. So, stay happy, you'll have great weather!

Quote Originally Posted by billmosel View Post
    DS, I love your humor. Thanks, but Mrs DS would say to not laugh, it only encourages me...:-)

Your report has me there. Ya got your tickets yet!!! If not, feel free to live vicariously through us.

And Vann & Laura are fantastic people. Amen to that, they have a wonderful place set up very well for us divers.

Enjoy the rest of your trip. (Like you won't LOL!) Wilco!!!!!!
    With a bit of luck, I should have some more pictures tonight...

Day 5

Diving
    I was reflecting on the way back to the condo with some Pasa bon Pizza pizzas. The primary difference between a cop and a large pizza is that the pizza can actually feed a family of four….

Anyway, today we dived The Rock twice and Something Special once. The Rock was fantastic; easy in and out, a double wall, “The Rock” just below at the bottom of the first wall, and tons of life. Yeah, there is a bit of a surface swim out and back. Still it was worth it.

We saw our first green moray of the trip as well as several mature drum, a ‘cuda at a cleaning station (hopefully the cleaner fish will show in the picture, the Wilson sisters were nowhere to be found, however) and a huge frigging turtle.

On the surface interval I took a photo of a happy truck scene and I actually took a self-portrait which I will post herein as a value-added treat for all you loyal readers….

Must be the diet, I'm just a shadow of my former self....

We ate lunch in the condo and then headed back to Something Special. SS is such an easy dive. Easy in and out, easy navigation (descend at the catamaran, swim around, ascend at the catamaran and swim in on a 45 degree heading to the shore. At SS I added a picture of a sand diver for the forum.

And let us not forget the small things. Here's another Pederson cleaner shrimp on an anemone

Dining
    Dinner was the afore-mentioned Pasa bon Pizza. Yes, it is as good as they say. Throw in a cold polar beer, kick back and smile. We had a pepperoni extra cheese pizza and one with tuna and black olive. Both were great, as was the garlic cheese bread.

Island Thoughts
    Is it just me, or are there very few loose dogs and cats here? We see a whole herd of donkeys around, but very few dogs and cats, not to mention chickens. Don’t know why, but is sure a lot nicer than other islands where the dogs will chase you about.

Off to bed, got lotsa diving to do tomorrow.

DS: Thanks for the photos of MY cleaner shrimp doing their jobs! It's nice to know the team is doing what they're hired to do! (And thanks, too, for the great Trip Reports)

Hah! They said they thought I was just checking up on them for the boss! Guess they were right!

Glad you're liking the report. I find reading others' reports helps to get through the too long periods between tropical trips.

DS

DS, I am living vicariously thru you. I got back 4 weeks ago from a 2 week trip which is always to short. GREAT reports I'm loving them!! Pics are fantastic. How long are you there?

Day 6

Condo Notes
    Can’t think of any negatives, we really dig this as a well located, well setup diving hub. Also, we appreciate the twice a week house-keeping service. Many places where we have been have daily service. We find daily service to be intrusive and twice a week is fine.

Driving
    We feel right at home, it is road construction season back in Michigan and, apparently, here also. Dodging barrels, cones, flagmen all seem like back home.

Diving
    We started with 1000 Steps. It was a nice dive, but yielded no good photo ops. And, of course, there are always the steps!

Next was Tolo. Beautiful seascape but there was a definite paucity of photo ops here, too, until the end where we came upon a scorpion fish and, shortly after, a young eagle ray feeding in the sand.

We finished the day with a sunset dive on Bari, from the south edge of the Sand Dollar property headed north. We were treated to a group of three goldspotted eels. This was Mrs DS’s 300th dive.

Dining
    We’re lazy tonight. We ate in. A yummy dinner of chili, hotdogs and cheddar.

See ya tomorrow!