Thread: Finding dive buddies

Default Finding dive buddies

My wife and I will be in Bonaire April 14 through 28. We plan to do a lot of snorkelling together and I will do some boat dives (I am novice diver). I'd like to do some shore dives as well. My wife , Schoude, doesn't dive. How do I find dive buddies for shore diving?

Dave: This is a frequent question. Start with these suggestions. First, you will be required to do an orientation ot Bonaire and a dive through your dive shop/resort. Chat up some of the other guests and ask the dive staff about ways to find buddies. There may be another "single" diver or couple/group who could adopt you. Since you have already said you will do boat dives, try the same trick on these trips. Boat dives are often divemaster-ded group efforts, so pair up with others and ask about continued diving opportunities. Others have suggested simply lurking at a preferred dive site and then latching on to a buddy pair. 99 times of 100 you will be welcome to join in. Enjoy your time.

There is another post in this category from someone that will be there the same dates as you looking for a dive buddy too.
    Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, beer in the other, body used up, totally worn-out and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!"

my dh and I will be there. We're both novice divers. Definitely check out the thread http://www.bonairetalk.com/forums/sh...dy-April-14-28 . There's even one group with some snorkelers. We would love to meet up!