Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water Temps

Cool Water Temps

Good morning all lovers of Bonaire..... my wife and I are scheduled to be on Island April 8-21.... I'm hearing from my sister that the water temps are low.... I don't remember March water temps being this low.... is there a weather related reason here or is it just the weird winter we all seem to be having..... if anyone has any influence.... I'd like the temps to be up around 80-81 come April 8.... Please and thank you...

79 today at The Lake and Alice in Wonderland. Calm entries.

Lisa and I are on island now and we have been reading 76-77 consistently, with one or two 75 degree readings. Much chillier than expected for us, but we've heard that the rainy season has extended longer than normal here. Hope you get your 80-81!

I got back last week and never had a temp reading over 77. Bring a few extra mil's. It can't hurt

willie me too

Tropical waters all over are recording lower than normal temps . Even up here in the Pacific Northwest it is about 3-4 degrees cooler than normal . I have a 3mm drysuit that is going to see a lot of the world if this trend continues . coldwaterlloyd
    I believe in a loving Creator and believe He has given us the miraculous seas as a sacred trust. Those of us who dive should honor that trust by taking care of this extraordinary place. Take the time to tell people your dive experiences. Not only will they appreciate your stories, but it may encourage them to see the water world as real and worth preserving

On a positive note, the cooler water temps should keep the hurricane season calmer and should slow the coral bleaching. Still, brrr!

Damn cold last week! I was diving a 1 mil shortie with a beene! It warmed up to 80f on Friday,Ooooh! What was

I thinking, my 3 mil long sleeve was in Florida!

coming down on saturday this week, any water temps for this week so far.
    thanks

I am sure you will be okay, Friday last week the water had returned to 80 and I dove with a 1 mil shortie and a beenie.My wife dove with a 2mil shortie and her skinny butt was fine.The deeper the water , the warmer it got, go figure! Earlier in the week it was damn cold!