Thread: Dive Buddy April 14-28

Default Dive Buddy April 14-28

Hi all,
    My girlfriend and I will be staying at the Divi and have a truck. She won't want to dive as much as I will. Looking for occasional dive buddies.
    I am currently DMC with about 60 dives. None in Bonaire.
    Lee

Hi Lee I will be in Bonaire from 19 March until 2 May and also looking for a casual buddy. Will be staying in Bonaire Exclusief. Have done about 150 dives. Trevor

Hi,
    I am with a group of four. ( 3rd time on the island - first as a diver ) The two guys in our group are newly ceritifed divers ( Check dives plus two 100' dive in Pensecola ) and our spouses that will only snorkel.
    We are staying in condo close to the Yellow Submarine.

We have been looking for others to dive with until we get a little more confidence.
    We will be on the island from April 21 thru April 28.
    Another group of 4 divers has offered for us to go out with them. You can read the info on my post in this same diving topic area.

You are more than welcome to join our group.
    Just let us know.

HI I get all my air from Yellow submarine and am well known to Asko there.

Hello Lee,
    My husband and I will also be staying at the Divi in a studio. We will be there from April 7-April 21. The first week we will be there as a couple with a truck and the second week with friends of ours from our dive shop( 2 are instructors). Like your girlfriend, I won't be diving as much and my husband may want to also do more diving. Let's talk....Laurie

Jujubees, Trever, Rebelkao,
    Time is getting short! Yipeee!
    We are doing the Altanta stopover from Denver and arriving at 2:30 PM on Sat. Hope to dive with everyone. Rebelkoa and Jujubees, thanks for the invite, plan on taking you both up. To all, I can be reached at ntmainstrm@gmail.com. Also we have purchased new dive lights. Anticipating our first ever night or very early AM dive. We met last night with some experienced Bonaire divers. Discussed favorite sites, easiest entries, underwater nav ideas, and what we can leave in the truck during dives. #1 tip, bring grocery bags! None supplied at markets. #2 tip, bring Bombay from duty free area where you board. Hard to find on island. #3 tip, ask to be charged in US$ not Angs to avoid foreign transaction fees on your cc.
    I don't know how accurate this info is. Just what we were told,
    Lee

Rebelkao, dh and I will be there April 21-28 and are also novice divers with our OW and a week of diving in Cozumel so I hope we can get together! We are staying at the Coral Paradise, which is next to Captain Don's and we will have a truck. I'll check out your other thread as well. Where will you be flying from? We have a direct flight from Houston.

Lee, thanks for directing me to this thread. We look forward to meeting you and your girlfriend! Also the grocery bag tip is a good one. I'll pack some reusables.

We're very excited about this trip. Counting the days now!

MaryWhite and Lee,

Great !! You guys are welcome to join us.

We too are flying in on the redeye direct flight from Houston to arrive on the island at 5:00 am or so.
    We are staying in a condo close to the Yellow Submarine. That is were we will be getting our tanks and doing our check dive.

I can be reached via e-mail at rebelkao@yahoo.com.
    I will have my laptop and internet access while on the island.

Look at my previous post as we have also connected with a group of 4 divers ( 3 with vast experience ).
    Maybe we can meet up during the layover in Houston and discuss a game plan.
    I can harderly wait.

Looks like there will be lots of friends to dive with....what fun !! The next month will seem soooooo long....can hardly wait to get to Bonaire.