Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMEX Premium Car Rental Insurance

Telerin takes Amex.

thanks - and are they a good company to rent from? I was told to steer clear of them, that their cars were old. Do you have experience with them?

Who told you to steer clear of Telerin? They are the best car rental company i have ever dealt with anywhere. Hell, it was one of the best customer service experiences i have ever had, regardless of the industry/service. Most people on here and SB seem to agree.

The trucks they rent aren't old, but trucks do take a beating being used as dive vehicles on Bonaire. Trust me you wouldn't want to be handed the keys to a brand new truck... and be responsible for parking it on the coral rubble, loading and unloading dive gear etc, all the while trying to keep it pristine. All the trucks I have seen from any rental company there are a bit beat up. Don't get me wrong, they aren't run down per-se, just well used. I mean I'm sure there are newer vehicles to be rented if you get there at the right time, but I would avoid that!

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

What Tom said ... Poppy is the best experience you will have.
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32

Good to know. I thought what I was hearing might be a bit of "sour grapes" but didn't know for sure. Last year we rented from Total Car Rental. Truck was a new model but it did get dirty. As long as they run well and have A/C.

Thanks again.

I can't believe that anyone would tell you to stay clear of Telerin. Telerin is run by Poppy who is extremely honest and IMHO would never do anything unethical. She treats her customers almost like family. All the pick-ups we have rented have been in good running condition. She has an assortment ranging from new to slightly older. She goes out of her way to please.
    You will not find a better company to rent from!

Again, thanks for these recommendations. Especially since she takes AMEX. A win-win all around!