Thread: Lion fish at restaurants

Default Lion fish at restaurants

Does anyone know what restaurants are serving lion fish on the menu?

Welcome to BT Catherine, I have heard of several restaurants serving Lionfish, it seems to be sporadic and day dependant. You'll probably have to call around and even then you might only catch an appetizer. It is quite tasty.
    And Jerry said, Keep it light, Keep it friendly. Post Like Jerry.

Scuba Sheila is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I have read several times that Pasa Bon Pizza serves a lionfish pizza that is pretty dang good! We'll be checking that out in two weeks!

Lion fish is sold to restaurants by divers and, therefore, dependent upon their luck and catch. Often, the fish are too small for fillets and served as appetizers or on pizza. Cactus Blue is pretty reliable to have lion fish. If small Hagen serves it as a fritter.

As far as I know, Pasa Bon Pizza, Cactus Blue, Paradise Moon, Sunset Bar & Grill, and there may be a few more out there. But, as everyone has said, yes, the availability is dependent upon the lionfish hunters getting out there and removing the lionfish from the reefs. Best to call ahead. And, (unfortunately) the lionfish are now getting large enough (at least in some lesser-dove areas) to be served as fillets. The tinier ones are too small to fillet.

Sorrows is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

we had lionfish friters at Cactus Blue--yummy; but the best was at Edy's Bar & Restaurant (near Sand Dollar) where we had whole, grilled lionfish--so yes, absolutely sure it was lionfish! Delicious and rather sweet and delicate.