Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Appetite Restaurant

Default Appetite Restaurant

Had a great meal at Appetite with our friends. On our table we had me, who is allergic to onions, garlic and anything associated with these families, a Vegan and two normal eaters! This was absolutely no problem for the chef. Two of us chose the chefs choice menu and it was absolutely gorgeous. He produced 4 courses of allergy free dishes and 4 courses of Vegan and didn't double up on any ingredients at all. I would highly recommend this restaurant. If we had more time we would be returning soon - next time - it's just another excuse to return to Bon (not that I need any!).

ChrisR is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Alergic to garlic and onions? That sounds terrible! At least you don't have to worry about bad breath.......Wait a second...... can you see your reflection in a mirror? Ever sleep the day away in a coffin?...?
    I'm only teasing of course!!! I know food allergies can be serious and super frustrating. One of my friends that is going to Bonaire with me is allergic to pistachios. The really bad thing is he likes them so much he sometimes eats them anyway. Then his throat swells up and he has trouble swallowing. I'm the same way with pineapple. But all it does is make my mouth numb and tingly so I dont have to worry about avoiding it.

Back to the main topic: I am glad you were able to find some accommodating choices for dining out. And thanks for the recommendation, I'll be sure to try it when I go down in April. Any other winners during your trip?
    -Chris

Appetite is an amazing dining experience. I went for the 6 course surprise and it was delicious. I am heading back to Bonaire in March and can't wait to eat there again, as well as Mona Lisa, AtSea, and IT Rains Fishes.

Default OMG it is a Keeper !!!

OMG.. this place is wonderful !!!! last night was our anniversary and we decided to try Appetite.. to put it simply
    , we could not have had a better meal in one of the finest NYC 5 star restaurants if we had tried..
    The Staff all very attentive,polite.. The dining area, simple yet elegant, and bug free
    The two chef's last night were creative to a tee..
    we chose the 5 course dinner. The server asked us if we had any allergies or food dislikes. The meal that we had was NOT on the menu at all, and there are wonderful things on the menu that will bring us back to this wonderful dining experience again and again...

our first course {silly me I didn't take a photo} was:

Smoked wahoo with Shrimp {whole shrimp, head and all}
    Lemon mayonaise and sweet and sour Cucumber done to perfection !!!

our second course:

Caramelized raspberry goatcheese
    stewed red and white pears
    with Rye bread with honey and nuts

Well if you are not crazy about goat Cheese,{I WAS not} then this dish will change your mind.. the goat cheese and pears are a perfect pairing, the Homemade Rye bread with honey and nuts delish to say the least........

Next on the menu was

Deep Fried Soft Shell Crab
    fish risotto
    lobster bisque and green asparagus

Coming from where we live we are very familar with fried soft shell crabs.....THESE were THE BEST!! light, very tasty, and done just right..

Course 4

Duck breast with red onion compote
    port sauce
    mashed potatoes , Zucchini tempura

Lets just say I love Duck and get it over with.... perfect blend of different textures and tastes

For dessert.. OMG.. they had lava cake on the menu and we had hoped we would receive that but OMG it was like a wonderful party in my mouth with this course....

Carmelized cake {kind of like a pound cake,toasted}
    with amaretto
    MINT ice cream and Forest fruit bavarois {almost like a tiny souffle}

Now remember this was NOT on the menu and I would assume that if we went back there tonight for the same 5 course dining experience that it would be ALL different.

i would like to thank Derrick our bartender/manager, Our waitress,I am sorry I did not get your name but you were awesome, Our two chefs for the evening Hank, who took the time to write out the menu that we had and again I am sorry I did not get the other Chefs name.. You ALL added to a fantastic , creative work of art for our palates.. Thank you
    Freddie

ModTom Lurker

Awesome reviews!!!

Debs is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Nice posting, Freddie! Glad you enjoyed it, a couple gal friends and I went there and let's just say I have been back again and again.

Wonderful, and know I am hungry!!!
    R.A.

Hmmmmm sieht sehr Lecker aus!!! and even though I've just had dinner I'm still drooling on the keyboard!!

Where is this restaurant?

Appetite restaurant is on kaya Grandi #12 {the street that goes thru town} right next to the NEW Jan Art Studio and across the street from El Mundo.. their number is 717-3595
    reservations are recommended as they really only do about 40 dinners a night.. No roll over on tables...
    Freddie

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.