Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Solo trip to Bonaire

ChrisR is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Thanks Scuba Sheila, That's one I dont think I've heard of.

Thanks Bob, deffinitely something to keep in mind for future trips.

Default accomodations

Hi Chris
    I have been to Bonaire twice, one alone and once with my sister and am going back again in October by myself again. Nothing sad about going to Bonaire solo , it's all good!
    If you are looking for really reasonable, clean, central accomodations, check out Bonaire Fun Apartments or the sister property Tropicana. They are owned by a wonderful couple, Roland & Irene. They are clean, spacious, and the hosts are wonderful! great place to stay & won't break the bank. I have stayed with them twice, once in each place, both very comfortable and homey. I will stay there again this trip.

A studio apartment in off season was $70- 80 a night. They also have recently purchased the Dive Hut place as well, i believe these are even less money, but do not have cooking facilities, more like a hotel.

Cheers!
    Roberta

try bonaire town homes. good acco for good price.

Try the Black Durgon, you'd be on the water and get a free breakfast everyday except Sunday.
    One of the best reefs is right off the Black Durgon pier.
    I think I paid 450$ for the week, but it's best to email Al for a price. The last time I was there, Al was charging around 100$ for your weeks air supply, no nitrox.

ChrisR is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Guess I should have updated this post a while back.... As it turns out, I wont be going alone after all. Two of my friends who have never been to Bonaire have decided to go with me. I have wanted these guys to go to Bonaire with me every since I made my first trip. I never thought they'd actually do it. We decided to stay at Diver's Paradise (Thanks for the suggestion Scuba Sheila!). We're lookin' at about $400 per person for the room, truck rental and 3 shore dive packages. Plus I was able to cover two of our flights with CC points (yay!). So even with airfare added to the above (Direct on Delta from ATL) We're still only at ~$675per person. I don't think it can get much better!

Oh, and...We will be down April 14th-21st anyone else?

Chris -

You could also contact Yachtclub Apartments. They have several studio/buffet apartments. It is a nice location because you could walk down to town. I'm sure they have connections with 1 or more dive operations.

HTH - Bea