Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Week Hump Day...

Donna is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Default Holiday Week Hump Day...

Good Morning all....well the holiday is winding down fast on this end...been kind of like a mini-vacation, but today we are driving Amanda out to meet her fiance' and family for lunch and then she's going out to Ohio for a few days and tomorrow I have to work...sigh...at least my entire family will be with me for part of the day...sad to see my holidays coming to an end...the New Year's weekend holds no special plans...

Saw "We Bought a Zoo" yesterday with my girls (Marc opted for Mission Impossible)..anyhow....loved it!! You will ALL love it!!

"Sometimes all you need is 20 seconds of insane courage!!"
    ♥ and hugs from Donna (in the Poconos!)

jkehnle is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Good morning, Donna, and all who follow. Missed the new web cam pix this morning...

Alas, the worst part of being off work is going back to work. Keep thinking "retirement..."

It is sooooooo cold here today on the North Coast (aka northeast Ahia)...the walk down the driveway to get the papers was gruesome. With the wind chill factor, it must be all of 15F -- nice welcome for your daughter, Donna!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

Have a great day, all, and be at peace with what is...

Julia is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Good morning and I hope you are all well after the holidays. Bob and I had Christmas day to ourselves. We did go to visit Bob's mum on Christmas morning but at 89 she prefers to be in her own home ! We go to visit my folks tomorrow.
    Off to the movies this afternoon to see 'Sherlock Holmes' then Bob will have his Christmas food treat, KFC for tea. ( It reminds him of Bonaire and there will be a conversation about price and quality and Scunthorpe KFC will not come out well in comparison to Bonaire. GO RUTH)
    Oscar cat has taken up a sleeping position in the hall. He is Scrooge in cat form, he hates visitors and changes to routine but he will respond to cuddles and food bribes like tuna and scraps of smoked salmon.
    Have a lovely day.

Back to reality/work today after Christmas weekend and Tuesday off for dentist. Both myself and the cat had to endure the metal pick intrument. Gack! Lucky cat got to sleep through it.

Donna, glad you've had lots of family time.
    JK, I'm counting down to retirement, too. I don't have a date or year yet, but I am of age now.

My new year's resolution for 2012 is to post more often. I might even branch out to other threads.

Wishing everyone a great hump day.
    linda and jj.jpg
    *Linda*
    Happiness is a hand-held sail~

Good morning all. Good resolution Linda. Tis freezing here with howling winds and the S word, since this is the first S since Halloween no complaints.
    and Joe said, Far from the things of Man.

Debs is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Hi BT. Still on the mend from sinus infection here. Slight improvement today, I'll take it! Waiting for the Verizon Fios guy to come to do installation, they claim between 8-12, what ya wanna bet it will be 1pm?

Hey Donna, son and his girlfriend really liked "We bought a Zoo" yesterday. It is on my list of movies to see too now.

JimMc is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Linda, picture is so kewellllllllllllll. Nothing like kissing a monkey, I always say. LOL

Donna, I know the feeling. Tim left this morning, Ryan leaves tomorrow. It went way too fast.

We all had a blast in town yesterday. Reading Terminal is just so amazingly cool. But yes Deb, it was a mob scene. Then we all went to a Philadelphia institution, McGillen's Ale House. Built in 1732. So cool. I hope some of you visit Philadelphia someday. We have so much history, along with just amazing places to see and visit.

Today, some of my friends and I are going to South Street. I am on a quest to buy a cool hat. I started playing my guitar again (blues) so I have to get a cool hat. LOL

Jeff, careful on an icy driveway buddy. You have a trip coming up somewhere.

Cecil. sorry about the S. I just said to my cousin Tim yesterday, "WTF are we still doing living in the NE?" He agreed. 3/4 of my children live in beautiful weather areas. Why is their father such a dunce?

Julia, for some reason, I never think of KFC in the UK. LOL
    Pachi Jim

JimMc is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Hi Deb. You slipped in the back Jack. Hope you are feeling better.
    Pachi Jim

Good mornin to all. Fruitcake has finally arrived and i am spending some quality time with whats left of it. Safe day to all

Good AM BT