Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cultimara closing

Default Cultimara closing

Just read this in the Bonaire Reporter:

12/6/2011--Yesterday, Monday, December 5, 2011, the Tax Department closed the Cultimara supermarket in preparation for a public sale of all its goods for back taxes. Cultimara/ Cash & Carry had apparently had a large tax liability.
    The auction will take place on Tuesday, 13 December. For many years Cultimara was the biggest supermarket on Bonaire.
    There is also a conflict between staff and Cultimara management. The staff was advised to seek legal assistance.

What a shame!

Oh, no! Such a beloved institution! Closing right at Christmas--horrible! What will happen to the space, I wonder? Will someone take it on?

Like so many visitors, we have such wonderful memories of the Cultimara--always the first stop after checking in!

For my first Bon trip back in 1996, I think that was the only "supermarket" there!
    Tom Schamp

4. Default

I always loved this pic of the old murals on the Cultimara. The big difference between the ladies on the wall and the ladies on the street here is that the real ladies are giving me Stink Eye, Stink Eye forever immortalized in my snap. I can get me some Stink Eye any time I want just by pulling out this pic...how I love it...

Last edited by ModFreddie; 12-07-2011 at 01:47 PM.

5. Default

Hmmm...it's no big enough for the whole effect. It's bigger on FB...you can see it there...

6. Default

There. I made it bigger. Only took me nine hours to figure it out. Duhduhduh....

So, where will we be able to buy bread like what was sold at Cultimara? Warehouse bread just isn't the same.

yesterday I read in the newspaper that they are trying to restart before christmas

Heh. For some reason I have a clear recollection of bunch of guys I was traveling with paying $25 for a case of Bud at Cultimara back in 1980. The rest of us were enjoying Amstel with was brewed in Curacao at that time.
    Mick

Default Cultimara

Heh. For some reason I have a clear recollection of bunch of guys I was traveling with paying $25 for a case of Bud at Cultimara back in 1980. The rest of us were enjoying Amstel with was brewed in Curacao at that time.
    Mick