Thread: Prime rib?

Default Prime rib?

We will be celebrating my Dad's birthday when we are on Bonaire in December. I would love to take him for his traditional birthday dinner of prime rib. The first time we were on the island I can't remember seeing it on the menu anywhere. Does anyone know if anyplace on the island roasts a good prime rib dinner?

Patagonia located on the north side of the yacht harbor .. water side tables are lovely ..

Cool

the prime rib I have had at Patagonia were grilled and they were delicious.

Uh oh, he is very particular (picky ) about his prime rib, it has to be the oven roasted for him. The kind done as a Saturday night specialty since they roast the whole prime rib of beef. Maybe we'll just have to wait until we get home for a celebratory birthday dinner. I remember trying Patagonia the first time I was on Bonaire, it was really good.

We found the steaks at Patagonia to be overcooked and not particularly tasty. We loved Casablanca which is another Argentinian steak place and their food was awesome. Steaks were tender and cooked exactly how we ordered. The owner came by and chatted me up in Spanish wanting to know if we enjoyed our meal.
    I supposed every place can have it's off day but after waiting over 30 minutes to get a table I tend to expect something more than Outback steakhouse quality.
    Irene
    Yes I live in Alaska. Yes I dive here all year round. Yes it's cold.

Julia is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I think that Kirk at Sunset Beach may do prime rib, the menu is on the web and he replies to e mails.

Quote Originally Posted by Julia View Post
    I think that Kirk at Sunset Beach may do prime rib, the menu is on the web and he replies to e mails.
    I believe the correct name is Sunset Grill---just in case you are trying to email Kirk. The prime rib is delicious and even comes with a very nice Yorkshire Pudding. Yes, I've eaten at both Patagonia and Sunset Grill--now under the management of Chef Kirk.

The bar and restaurant is located on the main level of Den Laman with a wonderful seaside breeze and ambiance.

I would suggest emailing him and letting him know date/time/celebration. Personally, I'd opt for key lime pie over a birthday cake.

Counting the days until our month on Bonaire starting in mid-Feb.!
    Peace. mellen

Had to smile at the 'yorkshire pudding' option on the menu in Bonaire !! We live in Yorkshire, England........ wonder how it would compare to ours ??
    If we are feeling homesick on our forthcoming trip we may just give it a try ...... !

Thank you all for the suggestions. I was hoping to find a place to celebrate Dad's birthday where he could still get his favorite birthday dinner. And he'd probably opt for the key lime pie over a piece of cake anyday, too.