Thread: DAE to Halt Operations To/From Bonaire & Aruba for 30 days

Default DAE to Halt Operations To/From Bonaire & Aruba for 30 days

Hi folks,

Just wanted you to all be aware of this news, in case you are affected. DAE will suspend all operations to and from both Bonaire and Aruba for a 30-day period beginning next Tuesday, October 11, 2011. Read the full story at http://www.bonaireinsider.com/index....onaire_for_30/

Good to know. In the past I have used frequent flyer miles to get to Aruba on an airline that did not go to Bonaire and then use DAE or another island hopper to get to and from Bonaire.

Once DAE "went out of business" three weeks prior to my trip. My travel agent was able to reserve a seat on another carrier but they did not take credit cards so I would have to pay cash when I arrived in Aruba. When I got there I went to the counter dragging all my luggage and was told that they would not be going to Bonaire that day because more people wanted to go to Tobago so they would go there today but probably to Bonaire tomorrow. "Just get a nice room and relax tonight and come back tomorrow" I was told. Fortunately, when I turned around I saw DAE was back in business and had a flight going to Bonaire in 45 minutes. They got me on it but I worried all week if I would I would be able to get back to Aruba in time to catch my flight back home.

I looked at doing that again for a trip I just booked for December. Now I am glad I did not.

Mike

Default Not a bad place to be stuck

Picking up friends at airport early tomorrow morning so we'll find out if DAE will do anything about our Oct. 15 flight to Curacao.
    I'll post what happens.

I've just posted an update on the DAE situation pursuant to information received directly from DAE. It's available at: http://www.bonaireinsider.com/index....onaire_for_30/

Please keep to the topic here..........please start another thread for Delta and Continental flights...
    Freddie

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

Default 2012 update on DAE

Hi,

I'm planning to fly from Miami to Bonaire in June. Does anyone have any recent info or experience with DAE. I'm not sure $200 is worth saving if there's a substantial risk of ruining the trip.

Thanks

DAE is back up and running and has been for some time......

How is DAE doing with regard to canceling the Miami flight to Bonaire and return? Operating on time or close? We live in S Florida so via Miami is the only practical choice. Last trip we took AA to CUR and Divi Divi Air from CUR to BON and return.