Thread: Skillet Lamb Chops

Default Skillet Lamb Chops

OMG I just made this for dinner and it was yummy and easy.....

I am cooking for two as many of you do ,so this is the recipe for two...

1 tsp of cooking oil
    2 shoulder lamb chops about 1 pound total
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp of pepper
    2 tbls of mint jelly, "crushed" and room temperature***
    1 tsp of instant minced onions
    1 tsp of lemon juice

Slowly heat oil in skillet with tight lid. Add chops, brown well on both sides, 5 minutes in all.
    Add rest of ingredients to 1/3 cup water*. Mix well, pour over chops. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat, simmer covered 40 minutes, or until chops are tender. Thicken liquid** to make a gravy, if desired

*Now I used the water but I think you could use broth{veggie or beef} or wine red or white.....

** I also thickened my gravy by reducing it by at least half and adding ice cold butter to it, about 1 tbls....

***the original recipe called for 1/2 tsp. oregano but I used the mint jelly instead.. if I were to use red wine for the liquid I would most definitly use the oregano.. white wine?? I think I would still use the mint jelly

I also believe that Pork chops could be done the same way with red or white wine and oregano
    Freddie

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

JimMc is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

That recipe sounds absolutely tremendous!!!!

Coming from an Irish family, we had lamb quite a bit. NOT LAMB CHOPS though. LOL Always leg of lamb, and always served with mint jelly.

This was a great recipe for a rack of lamb as well. I got the anato seed from a spanish specialty store. Outstanding.

Pachi Jim