Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Poppy

Figured I would weigh in here too. Was in Bonaire during Ragatta, truck pick up and drop off was easy and painless as promised. The truck was ready to go and in great shape, no trouble at all.

I will never rent with anyone else on the island, if at all possible!

jkehnle is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Poppy is the best.

Default Telerin aka Poppi

I just emailed her last night for a two week rental at Thanksgiving ...painless.

Great customer service

Bill
    Bellafonte 102

Sunshine is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
    We rented a pick up truck from Poppy for two weeks.She met us at the airport and was terrific! The truck was in great shape and she takes AMEX which is a plus for the points. Highly recommend her service.

B
    We eill be there in 3 weeks and Poppy sounds great. We are booked iwth AB because they accept Amex with an insurance waiver. We will be there for 2 weeks and prefer to pay the Amex rental insurance premiums that cover a pickup truck rather than the much higher daily charge some rental places insist upon. Can anyone confirm that Poppy will take our Amex and let us waive insurance? All responses appreciated. Thank you - ot sounds so sweet to be met at the airport with our truck rather than getting a ride and waiting at AB. Been there, done that 3 or 4 times and ready for a change for the right price. What does Poppy charge for a 2 week truck rental, by the way, since there is no website? We are arriving on Delta. Thank you in advance - I love this board!

I believe she will waive the insurance ..... we have been given a price for long term rental and she gave us two prices.... why not email her, she responds immediately {compaired to other companies}

marcolva@hotmail.com
    Freddie

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    We eill be there in 3 weeks and Poppy sounds great. We are booked iwth AB because they accept Amex with an insurance waiver. We will be there for 2 weeks and prefer to pay the Amex rental insurance premiums that cover a pickup truck rather than the much higher daily charge some rental places insist upon. Can anyone confirm that Poppy will take our Amex and let us waive insurance? All responses appreciated. Thank you - ot sounds so sweet to be met at the airport with our truck rather than getting a ride and waiting at AB. Been there, done that 3 or 4 times and ready for a change for the right price. What does Poppy charge for a 2 week truck rental, by the way, since there is no website? We are arriving on Delta. Thank you in advance - I love this board!
    Yes, she will give you a quote with no insurance and take your AMEX. We rented from her last time and again for our upcoming trip in December. I thought she was the only one who accepted AMEX anymore.
    Irene
    Yes I live in Alaska. Yes I dive here all year round. Yes it's cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Can anyone confirm that Poppy will take our Amex and let us waive insurance?
    Just out of curiosity, how do you address Liability (Damage to a third party)?

I am a Platinum AMEX holder, but my understanding in talking to them directly (and reading my documents) is that their plan only covers damage to the rented vehicle and the occupants of that vehicle...what happens if you hit a local and are found at fault (liability)?

this is what we received when I emailed Poppy

Some Credit Cards Company’s covers the CDW. You need to check with yours.
    You can choose to take the vehicle without the insurance.

When you decline the insurance you are responsible for all (FULL) damage
    done to all involved. Damage will be charged and you need to claim with your insurance.
    And then again if you are not at fault, polis report should show that.

(Advice to help prevent break in – damage and vandalism)
    When you on a dive / snorkel side, never LOCK the vehicle and do not leave anything in it.

and if you get the CDW
    Explanation: CDW. (Deductible) US$500, = .
    Regarding the insurance, in case of an accident and it is your fault, and
    damage to all involved is more than $500, = you pay only $500, =. (Deductible)
    The rest is covered by the insurance.
    If damage is less you pay what the damage is, up to US$500, = (Example: you
    make a small dent that will cost only $100, = to repair you pay that $100, =)
    If you are not at fault you do not pay anything, but this must be shown on
    the polis report.
    Freddie

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

We rented from hertz this year and they also accepted AMEX. The standard Platinum has a few different insurance deals. There is the standard one that is applied when you rent given you reserve and pay for the rental with your AMEX platinum, they do have, for a fee an added insurance that is invoked each time you rent a vehilce that does cover liabilty and personal injusy to passengers of the other vehicle. If you have an AMEX black card this coverage is standard up to I believe, $500,000 with each rental and you have to do nothing other than reserve and pay for your rental with your black Amex.
    R.A.

Quote Originally Posted by RosAnne View Post
    We rented from hertz this year and they also accepted AMEX. The standard Platinum has a few different insurance deals. There is the standard one that is applied when you rent given you reserve and pay for the rental with your AMEX platinum, they do have, for a fee an added insurance that is invoked each time you rent a vehilce that does cover liabilty and personal injusy to passengers of the other vehicle. If you have an AMEX black card this coverage is standard up to I believe, $500,000 with each rental and you have to do nothing other than reserve and pay for your rental with your black Amex.
    That's the one we have have-the separate insurance plan. They will charge the card $20something and that policy is extra coverage. Above what we get with the card.
    Here is the wording for the Premium Car Rental policy:

What the Plan Covers
    The $100,000 coverage level with a premium of $24.95 covers:
    Up to $100,000 of primary damage and theft coverage for the rental car.
    • Up to $100,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage.
    • Up to $15,000 per person of excess coverage for Medical Expenses.
    • Up to $5,000 per person of excess coverage for personal property, maximum of $10,000 for all. For Florida Residents, up to $15,000 per person of excess coverage for personal property, maximum of $25,000.

The $75,000 coverage level with a premium of $19.95 covers:
    • Up to $75,000 of primary damage and theft coverage for the rental car.
    • Up to $75,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage.
    • Up to $7,500 per person of excess coverage for Medical Expenses.
    • Up to $2,500 per person of excess coverage for personal property, maximum of $5,000 for all.
    Irene
    Yes I live in Alaska. Yes I dive here all year round. Yes it's cold.