Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Residency

Default Residency

How do you apply for residency? I plan a move to the island this fall. Thanks!
    Matt

Thanks. I have a similar site but when you click a link it was all in Dutch. Under water it is! Matt
    Matt

I just got my Sedula on Friday. Assuming you will not be working on the island, The paperwork you would need to submit would be:
    Apostilled copies of your Birth Certificate, Marriage license (or single status letter), A letter from you local police Department ( I guess to show you're not a troublemaker), Proof of health insurance coverage, Proof of sufficient funds to stay on the island. I hired someone to act on my behalf and I must say that I'm pleased that I did. I'll send you his contact privately

Hey Bschnaack!

Good morning. Thank you very much! Your response is very helpful. I intend to work for myself on island. I paint and intend to ship/sell prints of my originals. Nice surroundings to paint!!!

Have a great Bonaire day! (Wish I were there).

Matt

Matt

Default Residency Paperwork Requirements

Bschnaack,

Thank you for the reply in email, however your email address will not accept my replies and you are not accepting pm on this board so i'll ask my questions here.

Regagding the documents required for residency I believe I need the following:

Apostilled birth certificates for my wife and myself no older than how many days?
    Apostilled marriage certificate no older than how many days?
    Police department letter saying we are not troublemakers no older than how many days?
    Proof of financial means of support while on Bonaire no older than how many days?
    Proof of medical insurance while on Bonaire no older than how many days?

I looked at the documents on the web site but the pdf files were in Dutch.
    Anyone know of an english translation of the pdf forms?
    I tried google translate but the results were not readable.

Does anyone know if if these are the only documents needed by IND?
    I'm concerned these documents will expire before I can return with any additional docs.

I'm attempting to establish residency to stay an indefinite period longer than 6 months per year.

Default Residency

Hey, thanks! I've emailed with the Consular for Bonaire to the US. If you're retireing, you need to have no less than $220,000.00 is an account and prove ownership of a house for no less than $250,000.00.

If I get a job, since I don't currently meet those criteria, the Consulate aid 'your employer can sign for you'. (?)

In a later email he said you may be able to stay up to 180 days, they don't check all of the time.

I will forward the emails if you like. I want to live out my life, (54) on Bonaire, sell my art online and be a good citizen. Still not sure what gives. I will be there 10 December 2011.

The mystery goes on.

Matt
    Matt

Default Residency

Hi Matt,

The correct information is unfortunately written in dutch. The button for english doesn't provide the pdf in english.
    First of all, the prove ownership of a house of no less than 250.000 usd is correct. But the 220.000 usd on an account is incorrect. The application never mentioned this statement. I will copy and paste it see below:

Gepensioneerden en renteniers
    Reguliere gepensioneerden en renteniers
    • ingevuld en ondertekend aanvraagformulier;
    • kopie geldig document voor grensoverschrijding, indien nodig
    voorzien van een geldige mvv welke is afgegeven voor het gevraagde
    verblijfsdoel;
    • bewijs van zelfstandige, duurzame en voldoende middelen van
    bestaan. Te weten:
    1. Bij renteniers: een verklaring van een bank waarin staat vermeld
    de hoogte van het saldo van de op naam van de aanvrager gestelde
    bankrekening(en); en
    2. Bij renteniers: een verklaring van een lokaal gevestigde accountant
    of accountantskantoor waarin staat vermeld de hoogte van het
    laatstgenoten bruto jaarinkomen van de aanvrager en de hoogte
    van het vermogen van de aanvrager; en
    3. Bij gepensioneerden: een verklaring of brief van het pensioenfonds
    waaruit de hoogte en duur van de ontvangen pensioenuitkering
    blijkt; en
    4. Bij gepensioneerden: bescheiden betreffende andere middelen
    van bestaan dan uit pensioen; en
    5. Bij renteniers en gepensioneerden: verklaring Belastingdienst
    waaruit blijkt dat de verschuldigde premies en belasting zijn
    betaald over de inkomsten;
    • eigendomsbewijs eigen woning ter waarde van tenminste USD
    250.000 in de openbare lichamen (notariλle akte);
    • bewijs onderzoek TBC (MBES22);
    • bewijs van goed gedrag, afgegeven door een bevoegde autoriteit in
    het land van herkomst (niet ouder dan 3 maanden).

Except from the obligation that you will need a house of 250.000 usd, it only states further that for (3) retirement you will need a letter from your pension fund how long and how much your pension is.
    (4) Additional retirement funds if applicable.
    (5) Declaration from the IRS that you have paid all your taxes or due taxes.

Hope this will help you, don't worry too much Matt.

Default Residency Doc in English (google translated)

I put the Dutch from the post below through google translate:

Pensioners and rentiers
    Regular pensioners and rentiers
    • completed and signed application form;
    • copy of valid travel document, if necessary with a valid provisional residence permit which is issued for the requested purpose of stay;
    • evidence of independent, sustainable and sufficient resources exist. To wit:
    1. In rentiers: a statement from a bank stating The amount of the balance of the name of the applicant alleged bank account (s) and
    2. In rentiers: a statement from a locally-based accounting or accounting firm stating the amount of last gross annual income of the applicant and the amount the ability of the applicant, and
    3. For retirees: a statement or letter from the pension fund stating the amount and duration of the pension received appears, and
    4. For pensioners: documents relating to other funds of subsistence in retirement, and
    5. For pensioners and rentiers: Tax Statement showing that the premiums and taxes are paid on income;
    • ownership home ownership worth at least USD 250,000 in public (notarial deed);
    • TB research evidence (MBES22);
    • certificate of good conduct issued by a competent authority the country of origin (not older than 3 months).

Looks like the requirements have changed since 10/10/10. I have emailed IND and will post their reply to my questions when I receive their email.

For me one of the issues is I bought an unfinished home that I'm finishing. The price I paid was a good deal less than 250,000 since it still needed a lot of work. I would like to be able to stay on Bonaire and finish the work which will take more than 6 months to complete.

Also how does one get a statement showing that taxes are paid on income? I have never received anything besides a direct deposit of my refund check from the IRS.

Anyone who has done this since 10/10/10 please share your experience.

Thanks

Default Residency

Thank you all so much for taking time to help me out! I owe you a beer. (if that's what you like)! Vincent, I appreciate your comment for me not to worry too much. That's very considerate. (I really don't worry, everything usually works itself out). After owning/ operating 3 companies for 20 years, I have pretty thick skin!

Also thank you for the translation bontalkpcom, I definately speak no Dutch, (yet).

I can't wait to be on island and in the ocean!! Thnks so much folks!

Regards,
    Matt
    Matt