Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Residency

Gmichael is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

FYI The TB test is not required for US citizens. While I do represent the US Consul here. questions regarding residency need to be addressed to the RCN offices. Be aware that they are not always accurate and are continually refining them...

Default Residency

Whats RGN office? Not up on all the abbreviations quite yet.

Matt
    Matt

take a breath and slow down to island time .... when you enter as a tourist you have 90 days to get to immigration and start the process....you are permitted 120 days total in a year on island ..with the new status of bonaire indeed the rules often happen to change and if you come with all your papers, they are likely to be "too old" by the time the permit request is ready to be processed .. it will all work out altho i can't guarantee a lack frustration .. Patience and plenty of it is the key .. remember to read "Don't Stop the Carnival" before arrival .. all the best for your future on bonaire .. it will happen .... on island time.

Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederlanse

Default 120 Days?

Thank you for the updates. I thought you had 180 days per year.

Initially you could stay for 90 days and apply for an additional 90 days for a 180 day total stay. This is per the RCN website.

I also just read that if you own property you can stay indefinitely on island.

Does anyone have an email address that has actually answered their inquiries regarding residency and occupancy of your own property?

sorry.. my mistake .. it's 180 days. you may stay indefineatly on the island if you apply for and recieve a temporary residency permit. Owning property does not come with automatic rights .. you must go thru the immigration process. As a rule residency inquiries are best handled in person. The rules are changed frequently

The RCN (Rijsdienst Carbisch Nederland) just issued aa informative bulletin Kiko I Ken Represente Di Rieno (what and who represent the Queen) in English, Dutch and Papimentu. Serviso di Immigration I Naturalisashon (IND) is IND Bonaire, Kaya Adm. Pedro Luis Brion 12, Kralendijk telephone 599-715- 8330. Also available in English, Papiamentu and Dutch are the following websites: info@RijksdenstCN.com or www.RijkdienstCN.com or www.facebook.com/RijkdienstCarischNederland. Hope this information is helpful.

Default What are the Correct Web Addresses

I tried those in the post but they did not work. Thank You.

again my apologies .. I misspelled Rijksdienst.. and Caribisch so lets try again- info@RijksdienstCN.com or www.RijksdienstCN.com or www.facebook.comRijksdienstCaribischNederland.... use this and the web sites are just fine ... i just checked ...