Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Insel Air flight from Charlotte?

I was talking about Insel's BON-CUR then CUR-CLT flights. You & your luggage will be checked thru to CLT from BON, so all you have to do in CUR is follow the Insel rep thru the transit area.

Ruth. Those are the Insel flights I will be taking. Thanks again for the info.

Insel via CUR to CLT or MIA is the next best thing if you can't use their Saturday non-stop BON/MIA, or one of the DL or CO non-stops. Getting your boarding pass and checking your luggage thru is all the difference.

Default How much connection time to allow in CLT?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterO View Post
    Hi Pat,
    I will be using US Airways Boston / Charlotte and Insel Air the rest of the way. I had the same questions as you about the luggage but on the US Air leg of the trip. I called US Air and was told that the international flight " Insel Air" is the governing carrier thus will determine the luggage policy for the entire trip. She told me that if I adehere to Insel's free luggage limits I would not be charged by US Air. I could not get her to email or mail me such info.

Anyone had any such experience with these " code sharing" two airlines ?
    Hi all:
    I will be taking BOS-CLT-CUR-BON USAir-Insel flight in March. Insel departure time changed from 2:55 p.m. to 1:55, so now I need to change my USAir flight time for enough connecting time in CLT. What's the minimum amount I should allow? Anyone else booked this Saturday afternoon flight? I got a change notice...but am seeing it as BOTH times on the Insel website. Could this be confusion over daylight savings time change in the US? I will plan on it leaving at 1:55 to be safe.

Good idea Joy....and be sure to call Insel a few days out to confirm your flight. I did that, only to find out my flight from CUR to BON had been canceled - but they got me re-booked on another flight. I am not sure why this did not happen automatically -- probably something to do with the airline being so small and not very automated. If you check some the websites that track flights, you will see that a good number of the Insel flights from CLT leave late anyway...not sure why - so keep that in mind if you have a tight connection in CUR.