Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Lionfish Solution??

Quote Originally Posted by hroark View Post

On my rebreather, I can sneak up on them and kill them before they even know they're being hunted.
    As a rebreather diver on Bonaire with 3461 kills (along with my open circuit wife Berit) I can assure you it's not that easy to "sneak" up on them. They are either "uneducated" or "educated" and the rebreather makes no difference when the educated fish see you coming their way!

I'm always looking for a rebreather buddy; email me the next time you're on the island!! mpement@aol.com.

kob is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Michael ... if you get a chance, dive the Windjammer ... I was there a couple weeks ago (unfortunately without my ELF) and must have seen at least 30 large, "uneducated" LF near the starboard side (side against the bottom) and all over the asphalt field coming from the ship's hold ... Astrid Verstappen & I just looked at each other and wished we'd had our spears with us ... enjoy !!
    KOB
    PADI CD-159014
    KOBScuba.com
    Lighthouse Beach Resort #32

Last trip I had a few 2 to 2 1/2 hour solo dives, it was total heaven for me! I've been out with Bas as well, he can almost keep up with me.

Next time I'm hoping to hit the Windjammer.

Good Morning Everybody. I have a bit of information today about the lionfish and how it is going to change the Mediterranean waters. I just finished reading the Scientific American magazine and they were saying that divers and fisherman sightings of lionfish have colonized nearly all of Cyprus' southeastern coast, and that the animals' numbers are expected to grow. I didn't think about this species anywhere else except the Caribbean.

alwayswet is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I know this has its own set of complications however it's along the same lines..
    https://youtu.be/6lG-snJZIV8

Lightbulb I wonder if Nature is starting to fight back.....

is this the start of the end of the Lionfish in the Atlantic ??

sick lionfish on bonaire - a worldwide phenomenon?

smits is online now Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Remarkable!!