Thread: La Barca

Default La Barca

We added a new favorite to our list of Bonaire restaurants: La Barca.
    Capriccio used to be our favorite italian place, but they got serious competition now. We had 2 dinners at La Barca over the last 2 weeks, one with a group of 16. Both times the service was very good, the food fresh, the pasta al dente and the choices are plentiful. If you like fish, poultry, meat- all available and good. You sit right on the waterfront, the sunset view was incredible. Both visits no bugs, maybe because of the location. I gotten eaten alive everywhere else.
    La Barca is on the road along the water front (Playa Lechi) past It Rains Fishes. The wooden boat used to be in the water as a party boat.

Chris, We enjoyed La Barca too. Our first visit was great food, but outrageous mosquitoes due to the lack of wind I had the gnocchi and it was fabulous! Little bite of red pepper, really good. Ron enjoyed the seafood pasta and then finished off mine Wish we could have stayed and enjoyed the ambience longer but the skeeters drove us out!
    Blow bubbles, and be at peace.

Judy....that is the same thing that happened to us....food was AWESOME...service was FANTASTIC...bugs were horrible. They did have multiple bottles of bug spray on hand that we used LIBERALLY...multiple times.
    Bamba, EOHHoOps

How interesting, the first week we had wind and cloudy conditions, the second week no wind and blue sky, both weeks we went to La Barca and no bugs. So it must be something else. There were bugs everywhere else both weeks. Despite Deet, I have the bumps to prove this......

One of our favorites restaurants on Bonaire. If you really enjoy pasta ask them to prepare small portions of whatever pasta they have for the day with fresh caught fish, you will enjoy it. Moreover their prices are low comparing to other italian restaurants on Bonaire.
    Enjoy your meal.