Thread: Curacao restaurant near airport?

Default Curacao restaurant near airport?

We have a 4 hour wait for our outgoing flight.
    Any good restaurants for lunch near the Curacao airport, short walk would be great?

No-there is nothing nearby and 4 hours really might not be that long if the airport is crowded. Lunch outside the airport could end up costing $100+. Consider it's a $25+/20+ minute each way taxi drive to town. There is a wide selection-you could wander the streets thru Punda & eat at McD's cheaply, but for a decent meal, you'll want to consider The Wine Cellar (#1 on Trip Advisor), but IMO, Bistro Le Clochard or another restaurant in Otrabanda, like at Kura Holanda, have better views, since they overlook Punda's "skyline." Meals will be in the $20 price range, and voila, there goes $100 for lunch. The Wendy's or Sbarro's at the airport, downstairs/outside, is your best choice. Once you're upstairs in the departure hall, all other food is bar/snack-type and/or very over-priced dried out sandwiches. They have some boxes of sushi at down at the stall near gate 6, but I wouldn't trust it...

Quote Originally Posted by ruth View Post
    They have some boxes of sushi at down at the stall near gate 6, but I wouldn't trust it...
    They are probably the same ones that were there when I was last in Curacao 5 years ago..
    My names still Antony without the 'H'

Ruth has it right on ... there is NO place to walk at the airport .. located on very busy commercial streets with fast moving traffic .. DANGEROUS .. the closest restaurants within a short taxi ride ($$$) are primarily fast food .. ie: Kentucky, Pizza Hut etc. Also I wouldn't wander too far away .. flights are frequently changed on a whimsy and short notice..as a seasoned in transit veteran like Ruth personally i would hang out at the airport and make the best of it ......

what a drag for such a layover..consider the first class lounge..it gets crowded around the KLM flight but has snacks and drinks, tv, wifi and clean banos.